• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Will Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal get No. 2 seeding at French Open 2012 after Italian Open 2012

Roger Federer Rafael Nadal No. 2 seeding world no. 2

66 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:24 AM

If you reached this article, wanting to read has Djokovic regained No. 1 ranking before the start of World Tour Finals, 2012, the answer is yes. Read this detailed post to know how the ATP rankings & points look like on 5th November, 2012 & how are the rankings likely to look like after World Tour Finals 2012 ON 12th November, 2012, in this detailed write-up here ----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/861-atp-ranking-scenarios-post-world-tour-finals-2012-2012-year-end-atp-rankings/

First of all, a huge round of congrats to Roger Federer for winning his 20th Masters tournament just a few minutes back.

In a nerve jangling final, Roger Federer defeated Tomas Berdych 3-6, 7-5, 7-5 to win his 3rd Madrid Open.

For seeing the full match replay of Roger Federer & Tomas Berdych & the post match ceremony, see this link

Posted Image
Photo Source : Tumblr online search

Also, now he is the first man in the history to have won a same title on three different surfaces as he won in 2007 on Hard court when it was played in Hamburg, then in 2009 on Red clay in Madrid and now in 2012 on Blue Clay.

With this title, in the rankings that will be declared in about 5 hours time from now, Roger Federer will regain No. 2 from Rafael Nadal.

See this post written by me yesterday to know the exact points of the Top 4 that will be announced later tonight.

http://www.rogerfede...drid-open-2012/

Now, the biggest question in every one's mind is,

a) Can Roger Federer retain his No. 2 world ranking after Italian Open, 2012?

B) Will Roger Federer be seeded no. 2 for the French Open, 2012?

Posted Image

Well, as the seedings of French Open, 2012 will be made after Italian Open, 2012, so, in this post, I will be discussing the various scenarios in which Roger Federer will remain world No. 2 after Italian Open, 2012 or can Rafael nadal some how get back the No. 2 Ranking back after Italian Open.

As I explained above, the following are the points of the Top 4, that ATP will announce in a few hours time.

1. Novak Djokovic : almost 11,200 points

2. Roger Federer : 9430 points

3. Rafael Nadal :: 9105 points.

4. Andy Murray : 7490 points

So, as you can see, Roger Federer will be ahead by 330 points from Rafael Nadal in the to be announced ATP rankings.

One more small clarification, the Winner of ATP 1000 title gets 1000 points, the losing finalist gets 600 points, the losing semi finalists get 360 points, the losing Quarter Finalists get 180 points, the 4th round losers 90 points, the 3rd round loser gets 45 points & the 2nd round loser gets 10 points.

Now, let us start discussing the various scenarios that will help Roger Federer to retain ATP World No. 2 ranking after Italian Open, 2012 & thus get the No. 2 seeding for French Open, 2012.

1) If by chance, Roger Federer loses out in the 3rd round & Rafael Nadal loses out in the semi final of Italian open, 2012, then also Roger Federer will be ahead by 5 points & thus will get the No. 2 seeding for French open, 2012.

Same scenario if RF loses in the 3rd, 4th or QF, as you very well can understand.

2) If Roger Federer loses out in the semi final of Italian Open, 2012 & Rafael Nadal loses in the finals of Italian Open, 2012, then also Roger Federer will be ahead by 85 points & thus will get the No. 2 seeding for French open, 2012.

Of Course, with these two scenarios, you can get a fair picture of other possible mini scenarios.

Now, these are the different scenarios that will help Rafael Nadal to regain ATP World No. 2 ranking after Italian Open, 2012 & thus get the No. 2 seeding for French Open, 2012 :

1) If by chance, Roger Federer loses out in the 2nd round & Rafael Nadal loses out in the semi final of Italian open, 2012, then Rafael Nadal will get ahead by 25 points & thus will regain the ATP World No. 2 ranking back & the No. 2 seeding for French open, 2012.

But, as I explained above this condition is only true for RF losing up to 2nd Round.

2) If Roger Federer loses out in the semi final of Italian Open, 2012 & Rafael Nadal wins the finals of Italian Open, 2012, then Rafael Nadal will get ahead by 75 points & thus will regain the ATP World No. 2 ranking back & the No. 2 seeding for French open, 2012..

So, the 100% sure shot condition in which Roger Federer will retain No. 2 Ranking or Rafael Nadal will regain No. 2 ATP ranking is by winning the Italian Open, 2012 & thus, will ensure that they get No. 2 seeding for French Open, 2012 as well.

If you liked reading this article, please follow us on

Facebook ,

Twitter,

G Plus

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

These are the ATP Ranking Scenarios post French Open 2012 ----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/345-atp-ranking-scenarios-post-french-open-2012/

For knowing about the draw of Italian Open, 2012 , see this post

http://www.rogerfede...p-1000-masters/

For a detailed write up on how the courts at Italian Open are likely to play in 2012, please see this

http://www.rogerfede...p-1000-masters/

For Keeping track of news & scores at Internazionali BNL d'Italia - Italian Open 2012, Rome, see this post

http://www.rogerfede...open-2012-rome/

For tracking the past results of Roger Federer at Italian Open since his debut in 2000, see this post

http://www.rogerfede...en-since-debut/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Look forward to read your views. If you have any other scenario in your mind, please do feel to share it here. Login from right hand top from your twitter or facebook id or make a new id (will take a maxm of 1 minute) before making your comments.. Thanks..........

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:53 AM

Also, for every one who are searching at every search engine, let me clarify that I will do a full article on Seedings at French Open, 2012 on 21st may, 2012..

Thou, the official French Open seedings & draw is expected to be out on 23rd or 24th May, 2012.. will keep you updating...

Stay Tuned :)

So, please book mark our site or please follow us on

Facebook , Twitter and/or G Plus.

I assure you, we only talk sense & every thing that is posted on any of our page is checked thrice before getting posted.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

Also, for every one who are searching at every search engine, let me clarify that I will do a full article on how Roger federer can regain world no. 1 ATP ranking on 22nd may, 2012..

So, please book mark our site or please follow us on

Facebook , Twitter and/or G Plus.

I assure you, we only talk sense & every thing that is posted on any of our page is checked thrice before getting posted.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Guest_Willo_*

Guest_Willo_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

If Rafa wins the Italian Open against Roger then Roger still remains #2, correct? So there is no real sure thing for Rafa to regain #2? Thanks for the rundown. :-) It's very helpful not to have to do it myself.

#7 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Ok, here are the points & rankings that I just now saw :: (hats off to the writer for correctly estimating the points hours before they were out)

ATP rankings points as declared on 13th May, 2012 ...

Posted Image

#8 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

If Rafa wins the Italian Open against Roger then Roger still remains #2, correct? So there is no real sure thing for Rafa to regain #2? Thanks for the rundown. :-) It's very helpful not to have to do it myself.

Hi Willo, thanks for your comments, but, u havent read the article carefully.. Please read it again.

If Rafa Nadal wins the Italian Open, 2012, he will be back to No. 2 & thus, get the No. 2 seeding at French Open, 2012...

#9 mbthecool19

mbthecool19

Reporter RF Fans

• Members +
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIndia

Current mood: Cheeky

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

If Nadal wins Rome he will regain #2 Spot . The Only way to absolutely ensure that Federer regains #2 before RG is to win Rome . Now Rome surface is very much different from Madrid , Madrid was high altitude hence faster courts , and the blue clay encouraged aggressive play . Rome Clay is very slow . It basically prefers the baseliners like Nadal and Djokovic . Roger hasn't done well in Rome in the past plus he also said he will take the decision on whether to play or not depending upon his physical condition . I hope he plays because he would need some practice on the Red Clay before French Open begins . Hope Federer continues his great form and excels in Rome . Allez Champ

#10 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

For every one, who asked about Novak Djokovic points, see he skipped the Belgrade open 2012, but, as its an ATP 250 event, and the only last two best ATP 250 events points earned in the last 12 months are added, so, he wasn't deducted any points for that as after Belgrade 2011, he won two more ATP 250 titles in 2011-12.....

Regarding Rafa Nadal his points have been deducted like every one else's points have been deducted before the start of Italian Open, 2012..........

For any query, please login before asking, as there is no way to reply to guests as the forum software can not send notification of follow up comments to guests.

Thanks.

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

For seeing the full match replay of the MADRID OPEN, 2012 final between Roger Federer & Tomas Berdych & the post match ceremony, see this

Link

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

i like your discussion and will now compete for the rank 2
but for me i do not want to think of this thing and what will be at Roland Garros
i want to think about at the moment, Federer win and imagine the feeling of Federer win championship

i wish him all the best in Italian Open

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#13 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Also, now he is the first man in the history to have won a same title on three different surfaces as he won in 2007 on Hard court when it was played in Hamburg, then in 2009 on Red clay in Madrid and now in 2012 on Blue Clay.

also, Federer wins in 20 Masters tournaments, just like Nadal

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#14 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

another mini possibility,

if rafa nadal reaches final & Roger Federer loses at any time before semi final, then also, rafa will regain No.2 ...........

#15 Guest_Willo_*

Guest_Willo_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

-----Hi Willo, thanks for your comments, but, u havent read the article carefully.. Please read it again.

First of all I did read the article carefully. It says:

2) If Roger Federer loses out in the semi final of Italian Open, 2012 & Rafael Nadal wins the finals of Italian Open, 2012, then Rafael Nadal will get ahead by 75 points & thus will regain the ATP World No. 2 ranking back & the No. 2 seeding for French open, 2012.

If Roger loses in the semi and Rafa wins the tournament there is only 75 points between them . I was questioning the conclusion that Rafa would still regain the #2 if Roger loses in the final instead. Roger will gain more than 75 additional points in that scenario.

-----For any query, please login before asking, as there is no way, we can reply to guests.. Thanks..............

Second of all you were able to respond to me just fine, V.K Batra. I was interested in this question but I don't want to join every forum that I come across. This does seem like a very polite forum with intelligent posters and I appreciate that but even just making one comment I was politely condecended to by assuming that I didn't read the article. Even now I can't see how the articles conclusions can be correct. They may be and if someone wants to explain how they are correct that would be great. Implying that I didn't read the article does not answer my question.

Thank you for your comment about Novak and the Belgrade/ATP250 tournaments. I forgot that they only count the last two and so I was confused there. That cleared it that up for me.

I will not post anymore after this question is resolved or even if it isn't if guests are not welcome but I appreciate any responses.

Thanks, Willo

#16 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Good discussion. I loved reading it. My query is ::

How much chances are there of it being a 1 vs 3 semi final & 2 vs 4 at French Open?

I read some where that other than US open, its always 2 vs 3 or 1 vs 4 at semis ???
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#17 Guest_wilson_*

Guest_wilson_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

You forgot that the points of RG 2011 are taken one week before RG2012 because this year all the tourmaments started one week later than the last because of the olmympic games, so one week before RG nadal will have -2000 and Roger -1200, so No matter what happen in Roma, Federer will be 2 in RG.

#18 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

Featured Columnist, Ranking Expert

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationDelhi, Incredible India & Tennis world Traveller

Current mood: Busy

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

You forgot that the points of RG 2011 are taken one week before RG2012 because this year all the tourmaments started one week later than the last because of the olmympic games, so one week before RG nadal will have -2000 and Roger -1200, so No matter what happen in Roma, Federer will be 2 in RG.

interesting... very interesting.. so, u mean to say that in the ATP rankings to be declared on 20th may, French Open 2011 will be deducted ????

is it mentioned on the ATP website??? link please if u manage to find..

thou, I feel that FRENCH open, 2011 will be deducted in the ranking points on 27th may (I might be wrong, thou)..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#19 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

@willo :: buddy, all that we meant was that the forum can't send notifications to guests...

So, if u wish, u can keep posting as guest, thou, we all will love to have a knowledgeable person like u in our team :). .. Take care..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 Vibhuism

Vibhuism

• Moderators-
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Good discussion. I loved reading it. My query is ::

How much chances are there of it being a 1 vs 3 semi final & 2 vs 4 at French Open?

I read some where that other than US open, its always 2 vs 3 or 1 vs 4 at semis ???

well, in tennis there is always a draw which decides if it will be 2 vs 4 or 1 vs 3 or vice versa... in some sports, like soccer, rugby, cricket, semis are between 1 vs 4 , but not so in tennis.

will do a full post on this topic soon :)..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+