• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Views of Toni Nadal uncle of Rafael Nadal on Roger Federer in an interview to Swiss Smash Magazine

uncle toni Toni Nadal Toni nadal views on Roger Federer Roger Federer views by Nadal Team

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Firstly, before I start writing about the latest interview, let me tell you all that I am a very big fan of Mr. Toni Nadal. I have always loved the way, he has been truthful on & off the court.

Of course, the cry babies & nay sayer haters will bombard me with incidents where there has been rift with other players, but, its part & parcel of the game.

In his latest interview given to a Swiss magazine "Smash" which is scheduled to release on Sunday ::

Posted Image

Uncle Toni spoke about a variety of issues including Rafa's injury & knees, Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic.

Here are a few excerpt from his latest interview to "Smash" Magazine :::

His Views on Roger Federer (I'm sure, this will be a big talking point amongst all) :::

Q : When Asked, would he have liked to train Roger Federer?

Toni Nadal :: Yes, I would "Love to train Roger Federer".

Q : Any particular reason why you would have liked to train Roger Federer?

Toni Nadal : I have always loved winning in life & there is no doubt, Roger is a born winner.

Q: When asked what makes Roger Federer so special?

Toni Nadal : People often talk about Rafa's physical abilities & his gifted talent of chasing down every ball, but, they tend to forget what an unbelievable athlete Roger Federer is.

About what they did differently to beat Novak Djokovic in Rome & Monte Carlo :::

Rafa tried to be more aggressive, first, & try to go in front, more attack, & go inside the court,".

"I think last year Djokovic played really good all the season; it was very difficult to play against him. He beat Rafael seven times because he was better. [We] know what we should do something different; we should be more aggressive to play a little better."

Toni Nadal on Rafael Nadal ::

He is a normal guy, but a bit maniac at times. People often forget how much hard work has gone in reaching what he is today. He has battled injuries, pain to reach what he is today.

If You liked reading the article, don't forget to invite me for a cup of coffee :)

If that sounds expensive, then-----

Please follow us on

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

I assure you, we only talk meaningful stuff, else, I pay for the coffee :).

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

loved it vibhu!!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

These are some of the others quotes of Mr. Toni Nadal on Roger Federer which you all will love reading ::

1st February, 2009 ::: After Rafa defeated Roger in the final of Australian Open, 2009 (yes, I was there) ---

Uncle Toni said, he too cried after seeing Roger's tears.

"The greatest of all is Rod Laver, after that the best is Federer," Toni Nadal told French reporters. "Federer is better than Rafa, better than any player. Rafa is a good player, winning this trophy and five other [Slams]. But there is still a big gap."

I am sorry for Roger.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

In an interview to Time Magazine, published in mid of January, 2009 (Then Rafa was number 1 & Roger No. 2) ---

"There is a difference between who is better and who knows more.

Better now is Rafael, he is No. 1 in the ranking. But who has the best game? Federer."

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

In an interview published in NY times on 13th June, 2006 :: (This was after Rafa defeated Roger in the French Open, 2006 finals to win his 2nd grand slam & his 2nd title @ Roland Garros)

"Rafa being 6-1 against Roger is not a source of pride for me," he said on Sunday at Roland Garros. "I'm happy that Rafa won the tournament, but I would have liked that Federer could have won the Grand Slam, because I think he's a phenomenal player. For me, he is the player I enjoy watching the most."

More than his nephew? "Actually, yes," said Toni Nadal, who was soon exchanging handshakes with Federer and apologizing as Federer headed off the grounds.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Here is the cover page of the magazine this week's edition for you all. smash.jpg

Rafa is on cover of this week.

#7 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

:wub: :wub: :wub:
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#8 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

It surely brought a smile on my face.Was so good to read. Even, I believe Roger will be happy to hear that :).

There was a time in 2006, when Roger had complained that Uncle Toni was actually coaching Rafa inside the stadium, but, I am sure, if some one asks Roger that qtn now, he will have a good laugh about it now.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

It surely brought a smile on my face.Was so good to read. Even, I believe Roger will be happy to hear that :).

There was a time in 2006, when Roger had complained that Uncle Toni was actually coaching Rafa inside the stadium, but, I am sure, if some one asks Roger that qtn now, he will have a good laugh about it now.

Merci, glad, I could make you smile. Actually, some one asked this coaching qtn from Roger some time back in a presser in 2009, then, he had replied : it's all past & no one gains any thing by remembering any thing from past. He and Toni have met 50 more times after that & every thing is fine between them :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

For every one reading this, we are coming up with a contest from tomorrow..

The prizes include :

Wilson Tennis rackets, Original Credit Suisse DVD's, Shirts & Caps.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

To know more details about the contest ----

Please subscribe/follow us via RSS or via -----

E-mail Subscription

Facebook

Twitter

G Plus

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Guest_Eva Kovacs_*

Guest_Eva Kovacs_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

Dear Vibhu Batra, nice writing indeed, and it speaks of some of Federer's talents, but omits those that are underrated because he does not make a production of his play, If you see him oncourt, notice his body alignment with the ball, and how that lends power and precision to his shots, while he is in wonderful balance. Then the way he covers the court, skims it. And I do think he has the best backhand: others have great backhands, big hitters, shotmakers, but I have not seen Roger's special backhand crosscourt, when the ball speeds like a liquid whip so that it seem so barely skip along the court.
As for Mr. Toni Nadal: he is always the spokesperson for Nadal. Sort of like a diplomat, so that one cannot quite trust what he says.
Understand that I know that Roger is the greatest player every--even greater than the great Mr. Rod Laver, and that's not just down to difference in technology and so on. I immensely admire Mr. Laver, for his sportsmanship, racquet handling and great attitude on court. No tamtrums, no upsets about wrong calls. He always said that the bad calls during a match even out eventually.
So my admiration has not wanted. But what we have in Roger is that he is also physically perfectly built and suited for the game, and he has tamed his temper and feelings so that all his great talents can be brought to bear on his game, and although Mr. Laver had wonderful style, Roger has an unbelievable style.
BBack to Uncle Toni. What with all the oncourt coaching he did, and that injury excuse with Nadal's knees, which were convenient for timeouts, but suddenly they had miraculously healed--patellar tendinities? He should share the cure with the world--his talk, while Roger is great, greater than he even acknowledges, serves to take pressure of Nadal.
For yars Nadal maintained the #2 ranking at quite a price: by playing as many tournaments as he could. That's how he kept pace with Federer, and then eventually caught up, assisted to a great extent by Roger's mono, and its repercussions, and some other injry issues which Fed never advertised.
Yes, uncle has great spin abilities. No doubt he has admiration for Roger, but I can't forget the last ATP Master Cup when Roger definitely put a beatdown on Nadal: Uncle's lis were white and tight.
So don't believe everything he says. There is a lot of calculated promotion and spin.
And dont't ever doubt what a power game, on top of his other weapons, Roger has.
Otherwise, I like your different approaches to the game, from other people eyes, too.

#13 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

On the topic of comparing Roger with Rod laver, I can tell you that I have seen so many videos of Rod laver.. The one quality of Rod laver which will always differentiate from every one (yes, I mean every one, including Roger & Pistol Pete), Rod Laver could volley at will.

He had the confidence to approach the net & perhaps his impeccable volleying ability will always be in my mind till aeons.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uncle toni, Toni Nadal, Toni nadal views on Roger Federer, Roger Federer views by Nadal Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+