• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Report card & pics of Roger Federer vs Florian Mayer 2nd round ,Gerry Weber open 2012 Halle

Gerry Weber open halle halle 2012 germany roger federer florian mayer ATP 250 ATP

4 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,650 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:17 AM

Five-time Gerry Weber Open champion Roger Federer opened his title campaign on Thursday, defeating Florian Mayer 6-4, 7-5 to begin his grass-court season in Halle.

Posted Image
The second-seeded Federer hit 11 aces, won 76 per cent of his service points and converted two of his six break point chances to remain undefeated in four matches against Mayer.

Posted Image

“I'm very happy with the way things went today. I obviously knew playing against Mayer in the first round was going to be tricky,” Federer said. “He's in the Top 30 and has been to the quarter-finals of Wimbledon. And I've played him here on grass before, so I know how tough he can be.

“But I felt I was focussed, was moving well and bascially, didn't have any letdowns on my serve. I was able to create a few more chances than he did. I'm through with my first victory on grass this year and I hope it's not my last.”

Posted Image

Federer was playing his first match since falling to World No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the Roland Garros semi-finals. Federer has won four titles this season, in Rotterdam (d. del Potro), Dubai (d. Murray), Indian Wells (d. Isner) and Madrid (d. Berdych).

The 30-year-old Swiss, who signed a lifetime contract with the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court tournament in Halle, has a 37-4 event record, and is looking to collect his first trophy at the tournament since triumphing in 2008 over Philipp Kohlschreiber.

In the quarter-finals, Federer will clash with big-serving Milos Raonic. Federer has won both of their meetings this season in three sets, edging the Canadian in Indian Wells and Madrid.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

For the match's highlights & full match's recording, here is the link -----

http://www.rogerfede...pen-2012-halle/

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

For every one seeing this, try your luck in this contest to win some very cool gifts ----

http://www.rogerfede...me-cool-prizes/

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Federer in the post match presser

: ''I was scared I could go home after the first match. I'm super happy the way I played. Need to be very patient against Raonic"

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#5 mohit

mohit

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 66 posts

Current mood: Amused

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

Interesting to read Fed was scared, I think, this comment would have been made in a humorous manner :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+