• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Full match video & highlights of Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic QF match at Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany

Roger Federer Milos Raonic Quarter-Final Gerry Weber Open Halle Germany

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Second seed and five-time champion Roger Federer survived 25 aces from Canadian fifth seed Milos Raonic in a come-from-behind 6-7 (4/7), 6-4, 7-6 (7/3) win.

Federer will next face Russia's Mikhail Youzhny, who he has beaten in their last 12 meetings, while Kohlschreiber will take on either the Czech Republiuc's Tomas Berdych or Germany's injury-prone former world number two Tommy Haas.

Here's full match video..

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#2 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Part-2

Part-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQI0XFiJjTw&feature=plcp

Find me on ------

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

& these are the match's highlights for you all:

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#4 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

3rd set Tie-break video..

Find me on ------

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

For every one seeing this, try your luck in this contest to win some very cool gifts ----

http://www.rogerfede...me-cool-prizes/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Roger Federer's interview after win today--

15. June 2012
Q: Was this a classic match of experience winning over lack of experience?
FEDERER: I’m not that sure but at the end you don’t have that much control at all because he’s serving big and that’s usually what controls some things in the tiebreaker. He serves bigger than I do. So, it’s important for me to make sure that I’m confident of where I want to go, execute well and hope for maybe a good return on my side, make sure that I make him play, take the right decisions. But I don’t know how much experience comes into play. Maybe more confidence. I’ve had a good year, won a lot of close matches. All three matches I had against him, I lost the first set and ended up winning and on two occasions I was able to win the tournament. So it just shows sometimes how close winning and losing is together. That’s why I’m happy I survived another one today.
Q: Talking about the run of good results this year: when did you feel it turning around and what turned it round?
FEDERER: Well, I thought I played well at the US Open already. I also played well in Wimbledon. So it’s been over a year. The French Open was excellent actually looking back. I had a couple of top matches in Wimbledon, at the US Open which people then tend to write it off or forget that it was actually a great tournament for me and that I maybe shouldn’t be losing when I was up 2-0 because it never happened before in a Grand Slam. So, it’s been a long time since I’ve been playing really well. I just thought I was a bit unfortunate at times and maybe not pushing enough, putting the hammer down when I had the opportunities maybe. Once titles came back in Basel, that kind of gave me the belief that I’m going to win again, whereas before I maybe knew that too, but it’s just maybe that little edge that’s missing potentially, where you feel that maybe your opponent is taking more decisions than yourself. That’s why it all happened in Basel, Paris and obviously at the Wold Tour final where you have to beat the best to come through.
Q: I had a kind of déjà-vu from Madrid. Maybe so did you? Did it help that you were able to turn round the match in the tiebreak of the third set?
FEDERER: Maybe a bit. It did help me mentally. The first time we played each other was in Indian Wells. At that time, he didn’t know what I can do and vice versa. We had to get used to each other. Today, it was different. It was the third time in three or four months that we played each other. We know each other a bit better now. But it still makes it as difficult to break each other’s serve. Somehow I had the feeling that it was going to be 7-6 in the third. I just hoped it was going to be in my favour. Of course, I’m satisfied that I came through. It was difficult. I had to keep my calm but I knew yesterday.
Q: You said that sometimes it’s difficult to wrap things up. Last year against Djokovic you had match point, he plays a return on the line and the match changed. Do you think you can turn things around against Nadal and Djokovic in the decisive moments and take on the initiative to be stronger mentally?
FEDERER: I’m not sure how much it has to do with mental strength. I served well, he guessed the correct side and returned well. Normally, he doesn’t play winners but first plays the ball into the court maybe. That was bad luck for me. But you don’t need to second guess everything. The problem is if you think there is a problem and there’s no problem. Maybe you should look on the bright side that I had been beating Djokovic for a long time. Of course, you can also see things negative. But that wasn’t the case with me. I felt that I played really well. Maybe sometimes it’s about wrapping things up. There should not be a need to play five sets like against Tsonga. But both had also played really well which I have no problems to accept. Maybe, I need to work on keeping calm and cool. Now, I’ve won many many tournaments. I beat Nadal and other good players. So, it’s important to have the self-confidence. I mean the big self-confidence because I’ve had a good self-confidence for years. But then this can happen if somebody goes on the court with so much self-confidence as Djokovic did.
Q: Everybody had hoped for a final between you and Nadal. Now, Nadal lost. Were you surprised or was it to be expected?
FEDERER: It’s difficult of course. Also his match was decided by a few points like mine. I had the feeling that Kohlschreiber took the reins and deserved to win in the end. On grass the player who gives everything and risks a lot mostly wins. It’s important not to overdo it, not to get too eager. I think Philipp found the right mix today because this is what you need in a match against Nadal. Nadal didn’t play badly. Of course, I was surprised because I know his strengths on any surface. He won Wimbledon twice. So you always expect him to win.
Q: What do you expect tomorrow against Youzhny?
FEDERER: It will be more tactical like the match against Mayer. So, I’m well prepared. I played a good match against Mikhail in Wimbledon last year. We had four tough sets and it was close. I’ll have to play extremely well. I also played him in Dubai but he wasn’t really in the game. Maybe he was injured, I don’t know. I know his strengths. I almost lost to him here years ago. So, I know how good he is.
Q: Do you have a cold?
FEDERER: Yes, for the past week.
Q: But it doesn’t keep you from playing?
FEDERER: No, it doesn’t keep me from playing tennis.

Source: http://www.gerrywebe...st-Milos-Raonic

Find me on ------

#7 Zoe Botha

Zoe Botha

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Current mood: Sad

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

First of all congratulations on the win for Roger. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but isn't it dangerous to do physical exercise when you have a cold?

#8 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

First of all congratulations on the win for Roger. I don't want to be a wet blanket, but isn't it dangerous to do physical exercise when you have a cold?

yes, you are right. but, being a professional tennis player is so tough & I dont think, Roger or any other professional player think about any danger?

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 mohit

mohit

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 66 posts

Current mood: Amused

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

for full description of the match, see this link ----

http://www.rogerfede...-halle-germany/

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roger Federer, Milos Raonic, Quarter-Final, Gerry Weber Open, Halle, Germany

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+