• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Report card & pics of Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic QF ,Gerry Weber open 2012 Halle Germany

Roger Federer Milos Raonic Gerry Weber open 2012 Halle Germany halle 2012 roger federer vs Milos Raonic atp 250 atp

3 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

World No. 3 Roger Federer went down to the wire with fifth seed Milos Raonic at the Gerry Weber Open Friday, edging the Canadian 6-7(4), 6-4, 7-6(3) to reach the Halle semi-finals.

Though Raonic rifled 25 aces, Federer was more effective on serve, winning 83 per cent of his second serve points, to Raonic’s 53 per cent success rate. Federer prevailed in one hour and 59 minutes to defeat the World No. 21 in a three-set contest for the third time this season.

Posted Image

“It was the third time in three or four months that we played each other. We know each other a bit better now,” said Federer. “But it still makes it as difficult to break each other’s serve. Somehow I had the feeling that it was going to be 7-6 in the third. I just hoped it was going to be in my favour. Of course, I’m satisfied that I came through. It was difficult.”

Posted Image

Federer, looking to win his sixth title at the ATP World Tour 250 grass-court event in Halle, has advanced to the semi-final stage at nine of the 10 tournaments he’s played this year. He lifted trophies in Rotterdam (d. del Potro), Dubai (d. Murray), Indian Wells (d. Isner) and Madrid (d. Berdych).

Posted Image

For a place in the final, Federer will face Mikhail Youzhny, who topped Radek Stepanek 6-4, 4-6, 6-4.

“It will be more tactical like the match against Mayer. So, I’m well prepared,” Federer said. “I played a good match against Mikhail in Wimbledon last year. We had four tough sets and it was close. I’ll have to play extremely well.”

Youzhny went just three for 15 on his break opportunities, but converted the only break point chance in the final set to seal his fourth win in six meetings with Stepanek in two hours and 29 minutes.

The Russian is bidding for his second title of the season. He captured a Zagreb double in February, beating Lukas Lacko for his eighth ATP World Tour trophy and partnering Marcos Baghdatis to the doubles crown. The 29-year-old Youzhny improved to a 19-8 season record and is looking to win his first grass-court singles title. He has three in doubles on grass, including two in Halle.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

For Full match video & highlights of Roger Federer vs Milos Raonic QF match at Gerry Weber Open, Halle Germany, see this post ----

http://www.rogerfede...-halle-germany/

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

For every one seeing this, try your luck in this contest to win some very cool gifts ----

http://www.rogerfede...me-cool-prizes/

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

good luck Federer in the rest of the tournament

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roger Federer, Milos Raonic, Gerry Weber open 2012, Halle Germany, halle 2012, roger federer vs Milos Raonic, atp 250, atp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+