• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Match Report, Pics and Video Highlights of Roger Federer vs Julien Benneteau 3rd Round, Wimbledon 2012

Julien Benneteau roger federer wimbledon wimbledon 2012

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Six-time champion Roger Federer came within two points of crashing to his worst Wimbledon defeat in 10 years on Friday before battling from two sets down to beat French 29th seed Julien Benneteau.

Federer clinched an eighth career fightback from two sets to love down to win 4-6, 6-7 (3/7), 6-2, 7-6 (8/6), 6-1 and will face unseeded Belgian Xavier Malisse for a place in the quarter-finals.

Posted Image

The Swiss star, who won the last of his record 16 Grand Slam titles at the 2010 Australian Open, was staring at his earliest defeat at the All England Club since a shock first round exit to Mario Ancic in 2002.

But after being two points away from joining Rafael Nadal on the Wimbledon scrapheap in the 12th game of the fourth set, Federer raced through the decider as Benneteau wilted and twice needed treatment by the trainer in the 5th ROund.

Friday's thrilling third round tie was played out under the Centre Court roof which had also been closed for the final set of Nadal's

stunning second round exit to Czech world 100 Lukas Rosol 24 hours earlier.

Benneteau, who has never won a title on the tour, had defeated Federer in their most recent meeting at Bercy Indoors

in 2009 on the last occasion they met.

And he stormed through the first two sets on Friday courtesy of a break in the 11th game of the opener and then recovering from a break down in the second to claim it on a fourth set point.

Federer, who only lost nine games in his first two rounds, swept the third set with Benneteau's poise shattered by a second awkward fall onto the humid Centre Court surface.

He then levelled the match with a nerve-shredding fourth set tie-break after Benneteau had twice been just two points from victory in the 12th game.

Twelve months ago, Federer had been beaten from two sets up to lose in five to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarter-finals.

Friday's final set was given extra spice with Benneteau defending a record of having won all four of his last five-setters.

But the Frenchman picked up a left leg injury and was unable to mount a serious challenge as Federer preserved his record of having got to the fourth round of every Grand Slam since the 2004 French Open.

Isn't it amazing that we are having more interesting matches under roof than without it? What do you all think?

Here are the match statistics for you all ----

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Here are a few pics of the match ( courtesy Wimbledon )

You guys heard the cheers & whistles when Roger Federer changed his shirt? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Roger Federer's forehand was peRFect as always, thou, he had a lot of unforced errors on the back-hand side ----

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Highlights of the first two sets :::::::

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:52 AM

set-3 highlights :::::

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

set- 4 & 5 HIGHLIGHTS ----

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

& this is what, Roger Federer said during the post match interview after defeating
Julien Benneteau in 5 tight sets -----

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#9 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:07 AM

Was a tough match, glad fed came through it...Loved the pics also :)...

the match was probably over after the 4th round tie-breaker.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

To win some cool prizes, try your luck in this contest

http://www.rogerfede...me-cool-prizes/

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#11 theodorechua

theodorechua

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

I managed to catch the whole match and just wanted to share some thoughts :)

After his dominant showing in the first two rounds, I expected Roger to breeze through this match. Benneteau however was a different player yesterday. After the first 2 sets, his first serve percentage was over 70% and his winners-unforced errors count was 37-17. That is championship winning form! It would be very difficult for Roger to fight his way back into the match from 2 sets to love down.

The 3rd set was much needed respite for Roger as Benneteau's level dropped a little and Roger hit fewer unforced errors. He raced to a 4-0 lead and held to love twice more to win it 6-2. I must say that I felt he would breeze through the remaining two sets but I was wrong.

The 4th set was the most exciting set of tennis I've watched in a long time. 72 minutes long and full of critical moments. This is the most clutch I have seen Roger for a long, long time. Here are some point-by-point breakdowns of the 4th set:

2-2
Roger earns 3 break points on Benneteau’s serve, but can’t convert any of them. More opportunities squandered. 3-2, Benneteau.

4-4
Fed opens promisingly with a glorious flick of the wrist to manoeuvre a backhand pass beyond Benneteau. He is powerless against the Frenchman’s barrage of first serves and Benneteau holds. 5-4, Benneteau. Roger will serve to stay in the match.

5-4
Clutch serving from Roger. Benneteau can only get his racket on one of Fed’s rockets, to which Roger replies with a thumping forehand winner. That lasted less than a minute. 5 all.

5-5
Benneteau is still on fire, holding to love in a matter of seconds. Fed has to serve for his life again. 6-5, Benneteau.

6-5
0-0: Federer comes out all guns blazing and has Benneteau scurrying around the court. The Frenchman gets lucky with a net cord. Roger is thrown off balance and fires a forehand long.

0-15: Losing this point could be the end for Federer. After a let call, Roger shows his courage and aims for the exact same spot and Benneteau can only claw at the serve! 15 all.

15-15: Benneteau steps it up a notch and out-rallies Roger, firing a winner beyond him! This guy’s level is insane. Big trouble, 15-30. Is a another huge upset about to take place?

15-30: Fed finds a huge serve out wide and then finishes it off at the net, wrong footing the Frenchman. 30-30. The champion roars again.

30-30: Fed digs deep and fires another ace. 40-30. Almost there.

40-30: Roger serves and volleys again, but once again can’t get his backhand volley over the net. Deuce.
Deuce 1: Again, Fed is two points from defeat. He finds a serve out wide and follows up with a crosscourt backhand. The old one-two.

Advantage, Federer: Roger thinks he’s closed out the game but Hawkeye shows his shot was out. Argh!

Deuce 2: Clutch serving from our champion again. Another chance to force the tiebreak.

Advantage, Federer: Guts from Roger as he counters Benneteau’s stinging shots and runs him from left to right across the baseline. Finally, the ball lands in the net. 6 all.

Tiebreak
0-0: Benneteau to start serving. He goes after Fed’s backhand but Roger hangs on. Fed’s dangerous forehand is just long. 1-0, Benneteau.

1-1: The pressure is on Fed not to get broken. He produces a giant kick serve which Benneteau steers long. Fed releases some emotion. Scream louder Roger, we cannot hear you! 2-1, Fed.

2-2: Benneteau serves down the middle, Roger chips a backhand return. Benneteau forehand to the deuce court. Fed goes forehand cross-court, good depth. Benneteau gives a reflex forehand, Roger anticipates, inside-out forehand, sending Benneteau scampering to his backhand side. Weak return from Benneteau and Roger guides a simple volley into the open court. Federer gets the mini break. 3-2, Federer!

3-2: Fed goes with the serve and volley, but can’t get to Benneteau’s fierce passing shot on his backhand. 3 all at the change of ends.

3-3: Benneteau pounces on Fed’s second serve but the return is out. Phew.

4-3: Benneteau pounces on a short ball. Roger’s backhand passing shot clips the net cord but Benneteau manages a reflex volley into the open court. Roger sprints across and keeps the rally alive but he can only watch from outside the court as Benneteau taps the ball back into play. 4 all.

4-4: Roger hammers back the Frenchman’s second serve and Benneteau’s tame shot doesn’t clear the net. 5-4, Fed! The maestro can serve out this set!

5-4: Fed charges to the net and dives for a backhand volley. It’s agonisingly wide. Trouble, 5 all.

5-5: Crunch time. If Roger doesn’t win this point, Benneteau will have match point on his own serve. Fed serves with heavy topspin and the return lands in the net. Disaster averted and set point for Roger! 6-5, Fed.

6-5: Again, Benneteau shows no fear. He goes with the serve-and-volley, and Roger can’t pass him at the net. 6 all as we change ends again.

6-6: If he holds, Benneteau will have match point. He creates an insane angle with a crosscourt forehand and Fed does well to retrieve.However his shot is down the middle. The Frenchman goes for the kill and it’s long!! Set point for Roger, Allez!!!

7-6: Set point on Roger’s serve. Benneteau’s return is fierce, Roger slices it back from the left baseline. A tentative forehand from Benneteau. Roger goes for the kill, swinging an inside-in forehand down the line. Benneteau dumps the ball into the net. 4th set to Fed! He lets out a deafening roar and jogs back to his seat with a spring in his step. The Roger camp gives him a standing ovation. On to the fifth.

I was really scared for Roger and even thought that maybe Wimbledon 2012 would be the end of the top 3's dominance. Nadal was out, Djokovic is looking vulnerable and Roger was on the brink. I'm really happy that after sitting through many agonising 5 set losses, Roger pulled through yesterday and showed his mettle. His confidence and belief was unbelievably yesterday as he stuck to his guns and went for the lines even during pressure points. His serve too was remarkable, extremely clutch when facing break points and also when down 15-30 or 0-30. I think this is the kind of attitude Roger must have, the never-say-die spirit coupled with fire and belief, in order to lift the trophy once again next Sunday. If Roger plays with this kind of courage and reduces his errors, he has a good chance against Djokovic in the semis and we could witness H17TORY :) Allez Roger!!

#12 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

For pics of Mirka Federer, Roger's dad - Robert Federer, Paul Annacone, see this post ---------

http://www.rogerfede...wimbledon-2012/

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#13 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 2,320 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Was a very tough match yesterday Not only for Federer and for me also
My God, my hands were shaking and my heart beats fast,But in the end, Federer did it.

I hope in the next match from Federer to play well.

Here are a few pics of the match ( courtesy Wimbledon )

You guys heard the cheers & whistles when Roger Federer changed his shirt? :rolleyes:

ya we haerd them hehe

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#14 Guest_Fffff_*

Guest_Fffff_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Roger Federer's forehand was peRFect as always, thou, he had a lot of unforced errors on the back-hand side ----

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts
  • LocationChur, Switzerland

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

My hero, my addiction & my everything.
Roger Federer
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Julien Benneteau, roger federer, wimbledon, wimbledon 2012

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+