• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Ten Reasons why Roger Federer will win Wimbledon 2012 title

Roger Federer WImbledon wimbledon 2012 wimbledon champion odds on wimbledon

27 replies to this topic

Poll: Roger Federer Wimbledon 2012 (15 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Roger Federer win Wimbledon 2012?

1. Yes (15 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Not sure (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

After a tough, 3rd round match vs Benneteau, every one seems to be questioning,

Is Roger Federer getting slow?

Is age catching up on Roger Federer?

Why is his backhand letting him down?

Where has his famous backhand slice gone?

So, in this article of mine, I wish to answer all these questions & all your comments are welcome :).

Read on, if you wish to know, will Roger Federer be able to win Wimbledon 2012 or not?

Will all his fans, get to add one more Wimbledon trophy in this amazing collection of collage?

ermira WImb.jpg

(Photo Credit : ERMIRA )

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Reason No. 1 :

Roger Federer's ability to still keep fighting till end. If you need any proof, you just need to see his last two five setters.

The one against Benneteau & the French Open Quarter-final vs Del Potro.

I am sure, you all are aware that both these opponents are younger to Roger Federer, so is age really catching up on Roger or his younger opponents?

Posted Image

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:45 AM

Reason No. 2

His impeccable Service.

Posted Image

As Vijay Amritraj (one of the most celebrated Tennis pundits), recently said, in his life-time, he has never seen a player, who has the ability to win so many cheap points with such an easy service motion.

Luckily, Roger Federer service intensity is still the same as it was say 3 years back & I'm sure, it will be a big-2 plus in his coming matches too.

Of all, the 32 players, left in the draw, Roger has the best service out of all of them.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:50 AM

Reason No- 3

Roger Federer's keenness to come to the net & ensure the point is as short as possible.

Ever since, Paul Annacone has joined Roger Federer camp, there is no denying of the fact that Roger has started serve & volleying & is coming more often to the net.

If you have a look at his 3 matches at Wimbledon 2012, you will notice that he has approached the net as often as possible & I firmly believe that this will help him a lot against tougher opponents, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray or Tsonga or Del Potro.

Posted Image

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Reason No- 4

Favorable Draw before the tough semi-final ::

Before the semi-final vs Djokovic, Roger Federer will have to beat Xavier malisse in 4th Round & in the Quarter Final , Youzhny or Istomin.

as the whole world, all these 3 players are not those classical grass court players & frankly, won't cause that much of a problem.

Will we get to see, such a finger wag by Roger Federer after the final of Wimbledon 2012 on 8th July, 2012

Posted Image

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:06 AM

Reason No- 5 ::

Novak Djokovic

djoker.jpg

Every one knows, Novak Djokovic is the reigning wimbledon champion, but Djokovic has never beaten Roger Federer at Wimbledon & Federer's experience at grass & wimbledon should see him through, if he can play to his potential on the semi-final day.

& also, its a world-wide known fact, that Novak Djokovic is not in his impeccable 2011 form.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Reason No : 6

A tough match in first week is 10 times more beneficial than a tough match in the 2nd week.

As you, all know that, Roger Federer 3rd Round match was a real toughie.

Posted Image

So, as far as my study of all the grand slams of the last 23 years suggests that it is always beneficial to have a tough 5 setter in the first week, than have a tough 5 setter in the 2nd week.

& I'm sure, this 3rd round match will surely help a lot, plus a 2 day break(with Sunday, 1st July, being a rest day) will do greatly beneficial to Roger Federer.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

Reason No. 7 ::

Roger Federer's patience & ability to focus on every point.

Posted Image

As Roger Federer said after 3rd round match & I quote, “Tonight is brutal, oh my god. You just try to focus, point by point. It may sound boring but that’s the point out there. Tonight is special.”

His ability to focus on every point (forgetting what happened on the previous & what's gonna happen on the next) was the biggest reason that saved him from losing that 3rd round match, even in spite of being just 2 points away from a defeat.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

Reason No : 8

Roger Federer's huge fan following at Wimbledon

Posted Image

Thou, Roger Federer has a huge fan following every where he goes, but, the support that he gets at Wimbledon is just unmatchable & even if he happens to play Andy Murray in the final, still, you will get more supporters supporting him at the Center Court than the Scot.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Reason No. 9

Roger Federer's own willingness to win Wimbledon championship one more time.

Posted Image

If you have been reading all his interviews, noticeably this famous interview (which we were the first to report), you will realize that his hunger to win another Wimbledon title is a world-known fact. I for sure, am one of those believers, that a player of the quality of Roger Federer, if he is hungry & has the willingness can win any thing.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Reason No 10 ::

Posted Image

Read, what the Good luck Charm named Sachin Tendulkar had to say about who will win the Wimbledon 2012

Good Luck Charm 's interview

If you do not know Sachin tendulkar, all I can say is that, he is a real Good Luck Charm & what ever, he says, has an almost sure chance to come true (no, he is not an Astrologer or Numerologist or Tarot Card reader)..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

If You liked reading the article, don't forget to invite me for a cup of coffee :)

If that sounds expensive, then-----

Please follow us on

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

I assure you, we only talk meaningful stuff, else, I pay for the coffee :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Guest_Ashar Ahsan_*

Guest_Ashar Ahsan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

Most of the points ware meaningful and have sence..but the point of shorten the points or coming to the nets as often really gonna take him up or take him all down :(
If he play against djoker in semi he will have the real test. Djoker knows and reads his serve well and the return of djoker is something to have fear about..
Federer really have to put his first serve in and move well as we all know djoker will attack often to his backhand he really have to cover but good slice and keep picking the ball in the rise will surely gonna be a win against djoker :) he also have to be aware of djoker's pass when the oppoint come to the net.
Thanks if you like that plz follow @Ashar_Ahsan on twitter. :)

#14 kartnite

kartnite

Roger Federer Fans 1000 Title

• Moderators
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMy Father, Let my country awake!

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

Dude... I'd love to see him hoist the trophy.

But my notes to your points.

1. del Potro was visibly hurt. He was classy to not accept it in the media but please - it was blatantly obvious that he was unable to move.

Benneteau, by the way, is only a few months younger to Federer. Both are in their 30's.

But I will agree that Federerdoesn't throw in the towel. Instead... Like the wily customer that he is, he makes the most of the opponents weakness. One of the biggest cornerstones of a champion.

2. Oomph... No doubting that. But if that serve fails him, he is in trouble.

PS: I *hate* Vijay Amritraj. Lousy commentary. I've always muted the TV when he is on. All he says on air is - "Oh what a shot..." Thankfully, I was able to listen to some REAL tennis commentary here and boy does Vijay look dwarfed in comparison. Listen to Johnny Mac or Jim Courier or one of the BBC commentators - try getting the appropriate live stream online and trust me - you'll know the difference. Johnny Mac, for one, may seem to go overboard and excited and may even go back to his times but his analysis is second to none.

3. Yes. Net play was heartening to see. Hope he keeps up with it.

4. Logically, they shouldn't cause a problem. But you never know... And no - I do NOT want to see that finger wag - let him hoist the title and let him do whatever he wants. No finger wag. And NO hot-dog shots either!

5. Djokovic has never beaten Federer at Wimbledon. But Federer hasn't beaten Djokovic here either. Quite simple - they haven't faced off on any grass court.

And well... Djokovic is playing solid enough. So, Roger's grass court nuances are nullified...

All he needs to do is play like he did in *that* French Open semifinal of 2011. Period.

6. Dude... That has mixed results. For instance - Roger had tough 5 setters against Simon and Berdych at the Australian (2011 and 2009). He didn't go on to win. Likewise... Wimbledon 2010 and even the Australian 2008. In contrast... Wimbledon 2008 - he reached the final without dropping a set. Yet he lost.

So... This is too random. Nothing can be predicted. It all depends on the player on that particular day.

7. Yep... And it frustrated me to see how that focus goes AWOL if Rafa (and now, Novak) is across the net. Weird. But yes... He'd better up the level!

8. Roger Federer transcends nationalities. Period. And Murray - heh heh heh... Let him get past Tsonga first.

9. Of course. Who can forget the tee-shirt he wore after winning #15? "There is non finish line... Far from done."

10. Naah... Sachin cheered for him from the stands in 2008. He lost in the finals. He *met* him in 2010, he lost even earlier! So... I won't look in to it too much, bro'! In fact, I am more concerned!

- - -
But mate... it's but evident that you're one heck of a fan... Some of the other Roger fans I have seen on the internet could learn stuff from you! :)

Good luck to Monsieur Federer. He needs all the prayers and luck he can get!
- I am not what I am. And what I am not, that is precisely what I am.

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

@kartz, reading all yr points really made me smile big time :)...

I will like to explain about no. 10 th point again, what I really meant, this is the first time, Sachin has openly said that Roger will win wimbledon..

I am aware of 2008 & 2011, but, will be interesting to see, if my logic works or not :)...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 kartnite

kartnite

Roger Federer Fans 1000 Title

• Moderators
  • 118 posts
  • LocationMy Father, Let my country awake!

Current mood: Bookworm

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Don't worry mate - I am hoping it will work too! Actually...

I am itching to tell you another "good" (or promising) stat - but I'm being honest - I do not want to jinx his chances, so keeping mum... LoL.
- I am not what I am. And what I am not, that is precisely what I am.

#17 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

great posting and i enjoy to read it. good luck to Federer
you said that Xavier malisse & Youzhny or Istomin all these 3 players are not those classical grass court players,ok
but look where they arrived in this tournament and possibly they can reach to the farthest

so i don't know, just wanna say that Federer should be more aggressive and fighter and more attentive

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#18 Guest_RFRN#12_*

Guest_RFRN#12_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

Reason No 11 :::

He is Roger Federer.

#19 Guest_runerta methods_*

Guest_runerta methods_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Reason No 11 :::

He is Roger Federer.

*slap on the back* good one, he is ROger Federer.

#20 Guest_Esther Zapater_*

Guest_Esther Zapater_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

I am just wishing that he keeps playing better every day , and playing according to the rival's abilities, that the clue, and Roger is doing just that, not moré not less.
Just wish him the best as we believe in him, that he can get what he is determined to get. Remember those days of mononucleosis are gone, he is healthy and willing to win 🎾🎾🎾

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+