• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Video highlights of second longest match in Wimbledon history between Marin Cilic vs Sam Querrey, 3rd Round, Wimbledon 2012

wimbledon wimbledon 2012 sam querrey marin cilic 3rd round history history longest matches

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Firstly, accept my apologies for being so lazy as I wanted to post it 11 days back, but, got struck in so many works, that finding time, today evening.

I was one of the few lucky people to have witnessed this historic 3rd round epic encounter between Marin Cilic & Sam Querrey.

This 3rd round match was played on 30th june, 2012 at the court of death i.e. Court No- 2 & lasted for full 5 hours & 31 minutes.

The final score-line read 7-6 (6), 6-4, 6-7 (2), 6-7 (3), 17-15 & the smile on Cilic face will tell you the real meaning of success after true hard work.

Thou, in terms of duration, it was the 2nd longest after that epic Isner-Mahut 1st round match in 2010 which lasted 3 days & 11.05 hours was the on court time & ended at 70-68 in the 5th set with Isner finishing it with an ace.

This match was the longest ever match played at Wimbledon in a single day. Luckily, it started at 1.15 pm BST on 30th June, 2012 & by 18.59 BST, it was all over.

“Just another match now, thanks to Isner-Mahut,” Querrey joked after the match.

“They set the bar pretty high,” Querrey said about Isner-Mahut match, generating more laughter in the interview room. “I mean, it’s going to be tough. Even if it’s, you know, 30-28, you’re a long way away.”

A plaque commemorating the Isner-Mahut match has been placed at the south end of the No. 18 Court, where it was played (and played).

The unseeded Querrey and the 16th-seeded Cilic will presumably have no plaque on the No. 2 Court, where they exchanged swings in the sunshine and, eventually, the shadows.

Here are some highlights recorded via a handy cam, I am sure, all of you who haven't seen a grand slam match, will get a great feeling after seeing this.......

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#2 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Now, look, how different it is to see the match by sitting in the stadium & seeing it on TV.

This is the recording of the last 2 games & do have a look at the satisfied smile of Cilic after the match got over.

This smile should be renamed or probably, coined as satisfying smile as Cilic or Isner's smile :).

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

#3 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

This is what Cilic had to say after the match, do notice the satisfying yet tired smile on Marin Cilic's face.

#4 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

thanks for posting....i didn't watched the match

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+