• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Every thing you wanted to know about RF287 or #RF287 or Roger Federer 287 or Roger Federer ATP no. 1 for 287 weeks

RF 287 #RF287 Roger Federer on 287 weeks roger federer ATP No. 1 for 287 weeks Roger Federer beats Pete sampras record social media marketing brand usage sponsors media marketing brand marketing roger federer roger federer sponsors

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

If you are wondering what's all this fuss about #RF287 or RF287 or RogerFederer287 or Roger Federer on 287 is all about across all Social Networking sites viz G plus, Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook, then here is my quick explanation about every thing you need to know about RF287.

It all began after Roger Federer won the Wimbledon 2012 title & regained the no. 1 ranking on 9th July, 2012 & thus, equalling, Pete Sampras record of being ATP No. 1 for 286 weeks on July, 9th, 2012.

Ax1ZnM-CAAAzA92.jpg:large.jpeg

As you all are aware, two of Roger Federer's biggest sponsors are Nike & Credit Suisse.

The real drama started when Roger Federer posted this picture on his official web-site & his official Facebook page, saying,

"Nike Tennis sent me this today. Says don’t open until Monday... Any ideas of what’s inside?"

Posted Image

People, all across the social networking sites, have been guessing what might be in side the box? Mostly, people are of the opinion that there must be a new pair of designer shoes having 286 & RF logo on it.

Thou, I can neither confirm this fact, nor inform you the exact details, what will be inside the box :).

But, what I can confirm is that Nike Tennis & Credit Suisse, will be celebrating all through out this week as on Monday or July 16th, 2012, Roger Federer will break the record of great Pete Sampras.

On Monday morning or Sunday midnight, (depending on what time-zone you follow), when ATP announces ranking for this week, Roger Federer will become the ATP No. 1 for a record breaking 287th week.

Here's a pic posted by Credit Suisse on their official Facebook page.

Posted Image

& Here's a pic posted by Nike Tennis on their official Facebook wall -----

Posted Image

So, if you are a Federer fan & have a presence on G plus, Tumblr or Twitter, do not forget to add #RF287 in your posts & tweets & make it a worldwide trend :).

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

For all stats lover, here is a small compilation by me that will guide you which player has been ranked No. 1 for how many weeks (since the start of Open Era in 1968).Ever since, ATP inaugurated this No. 1 ranking, in total there have 25 champions who have been No. 1 in the Open Era.

(Thou, I must confess, I can feel utmost pain that while making this list, I can not mention the name of one of the greatest icons of Tennis history & my dad's favorite Rod Laver).

Here is a PDF having all the details (names, country represented ) of all the Males Tennis players who have been ATP No. 1 from 1970 to 2012 (updated till July 16th, 2012).

Attached File  vibhuuuuuuuuuu atppppppppp.pdf   35.82KB   475 downloads

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

If You liked reading the article, don't forget to invite me for a cup of coffee :)

If that sounds expensive, then-----

Please follow us via

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

so that, you can remain in touch with more such meaningful articles & write-ups.

I assure you, we only talk meaningful stuff, else, I pay for the coffee :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

To win some cool prizes, try your luck in this contest

http://www.rogerfede...me-cool-prizes/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

Roger Federer Fans 1st Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 180 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France

Current mood: Happy

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

Will be here to celebrate :D

#6 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Was a nice write-up, but, what actually, will you be doing personally to celebrate the 287th week ? :)
If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Was a nice write-up, but, what actually, will you be doing personally to celebrate the 287th week ? :)

Thanks Kristina, don't know about tomorrow, but, right now, I am on a hill station & have locked myself in a room & trying to concentrate very hard to write some thing, don't ask what that is :).. Let it be a surprize till tomorrow morning :)......

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Will be here to celebrate :D

You are most welcome :)

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 Guest_Thib_*

Guest_Thib_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Nice dataviz here, to show how great the 287 are :

well written.

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

So, finally, the secret is out, here is what is inside that box :)

Here is the first look of Nike Zoom Vapor RF 287 for all of you

Posted Image

As Roger Federer posted on his official facebook page,

Looks like @niketennis made me a special pair of Vapor 9’s to celebrate the #1 record! They made 287 limited edition pairs total, and some will be available for you. Very nice of these guys. Feel free to check them out @niketennis.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

A Huge round of congrats to all of you for guessing that this will be a limited edition shoe, now, lets see, who are the lucky 287 people who can get this :).

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#12 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

Here is a better look of the shoe with Roger Federer in it -------

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#13 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

Here is one more look of this limited edition RF 287 shoe ---------

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#14 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

One more pic from a side on view

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#15 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#16 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:46 AM

Whats best is that, This RF 287 limited edition shoe comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Roger Federer himself

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#17 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

Also, along with the Nike Zoom Vapor RF 287 shoe,
there is one more page that says, the Legend begins when after winning in Australia, Roger Federer became No. 1 for the first time on 2nd February, 2004 :).

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#18 Guest_mikes_*

Guest_mikes_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

where 2 buy?

#19 Guest_Anne Henderson_*

Guest_Anne Henderson_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Congratulations. I could not be more delighted. I was thrilled that you won Wimbledon and became number 1 again. It could not happen to a nicer person, and those girls are so cute and Mirka is an absolute sweet heart.
anne Henderson

#20 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

Great!! congrats roger!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RF 287, #RF287, Roger Federer on 287 weeks, roger federer ATP No. 1 for 287 weeks, Roger Federer beats Pete sampras record, social media marketing, brand usage, sponsors, media marketing, brand marketing, roger federer, roger federer sponsors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+