London 2012 Olympics Tennis Final (Preview) and 5 things that Roger Federer needs to beware of Andy Murray's gameroger federer andy murray wimbledon olympics london 2012 olympics tennis federer murray head to head olympics tennis final preview
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:18 AM
So, next big question every one has in her/his mind, will Roger Federer become the third man in the Open era (after Andre Agassi & Rafael Nadal) to complete a Career Golden Slam or will Andy Murray take revenge of his 2012 Wimbledon final loss?
Also, the next big question is that, how fresh will Roger Federer be after that marathon match vs Juan Martin Del Potro?
After Roger Federer's Wimbledon victory over Andy Murray, Roger Federer - Andy Murray head to head victory count stands at 8 all.
The London Olympics 2012 Mens Gold medal Tennis match's (Roger Federer vs Andy Murray) starting time is 14 BST or 13GMT.
So, in this article, I will be mentioning the 5 biggest things that Roger Federer needs to beware of Andy Murray ahead of their historic London Olympics Wimbledon 2012 final.
So, read on & please do participate in this small poll & have your take on who ultimately will win the Gold Medal?
This post has been promoted to an article
- HothHoleGut likes this
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:20 AM
Have a close look at Andy Murray's back-hand slice.
As was evident in the Djokovic semi-final match, this backhand slice can cause real damage & break your momentum if you are playing from base-line.
Also, this slice has done wonders for Murray & that's why, he has a postive head to head vs Federer & clearly, to negate this, Roger Federer will have to approach net more often.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:21 AM
Andy Murray's on the run passing shots can be majestic at times. See this running forehand on the match-point vs Jo Wil-fried Tsonga in the semi-finals of Wimbledon, 2012
Roger Federer needs to keep this in mind & try to ensure his shots go as deep as possible.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:23 AM
See this video having a point taken from 2011 Tokyo Open & you will get a fair idea on what I mean, when I talk about the defense of Andy Murray.
(video is a copyright of TennisTV.COM)
So, to combat this, Roger Federer will have to play a shot or two extra then what he usually does & needs to mix defense as well as his aggressive shots with caution.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:24 AM
The key to Andy Murray's success in Wimbledon 2012 till date has been his flaw-less service. If he managed to beat Novak DJokovic in that tight Semi-final match, it was only because his 1st serve was on song. Same thing, happened against Tsonga in the semis of Wimbledon 2012.
So, Roger Federer needs to attack Murray's 2nd serve as & when Roger gets a chance. I have often seen when ever Murray misses two or three first serves, he tends to get frustrated & that's when Roger has to take the full advantage.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:27 AM
There is no denying of the fact, that the support for Andy Murray is going to be huge & clearly, in these 8 years, Roger Federer for a change, might see crowd cheering & clapping even on his double-faults & unforced errors.
Thou, the support for Roger Federer as always will be great.
After Murray's emotional breakdown during the Wimbledon trophy presentation, there are even more chances of more support in favour of Andy Murray.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:42 AM
(i) His temperament can go absolutely hay-wire, even when a couple of things go against him.
Here is Andy Murray banging his head after losing a point vs Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of London 2012 Olympics
(ii) Clearly, Andy Murray, will be under more pressure as he is yet to win a grand slam & the pressure of the crowd & expectations will be huge & he is yet to show that he can fulfill those expectations.
(iii) His 2nd service can be very weak at times.
(iv) Some times, he tends to over do the slices & that will prove very expensive against a great player like Roger Federer.
(v) & the biggest weakness in Murray's game in the last 3 months has been his inability to put away even some of the easier over-heads away. This will really-2 prove very costly against Federer as Roger Federer makes you earn every point.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:50 AM
I will put Roger Federer has 54% chance to win while Andy Murray has 46% chance to win before the start of the match.
The most important thing will be the start & I believe, who ever wins the first set will have a 65% chance to win .
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:51 AM
If You liked reading the article, don't forget to invite me for a cup of coffee
If that sounds expensive, then-----
Please follow us on
I assure you, we only talk meaningful stuff, else, I pay for the coffee .
Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:02 PM
As its seems to be a rainy day in London, so, will be interesting if they start off with the roof.
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:19 PM
Here is the exact link.
alternatively, try this Link
From the right hand side, select Tennis & you will start getting live stream of the Olympics gold medal final match between Federer & Murray ...
if it doesn't work drop in a comment, I will let you know of other streams as well........
Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:41 PM
Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:21 PM
Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:49 PM
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, andy murray, wimbledon olympics, london 2012, olympics tennis, federer murray head to head, olympics tennis final preview
Grand Slams →
ATP 1000 →
Cincinnati Masters →
RF Special →
RF pics, edits & videos →
Pics and Video of Roger Federer having a mustache in the new Wilson Tennis 'Spin Effect Technology' commercial
ATP 500 & ATP 250 →
ATP 500 & ATP 250 →
Match Report, Pics, Video Highlights of Roger Federer's win over Mikhail Youzhny, Gerry Weber Open, Halle 2013
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users