Photo
  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

If you reached this article while searching Novak Djokovic has regained No. 1 & Roger Federer is now No. 2 on 5th November, 2012, read how the ATP Points & rankings look like as of today & how will the Rankings change after World Tour Finals, 2012, see this detailed write-up here :::::::::::

http://www.rogerfede...d-atp-rankings/

As you are all aware that the Rogers Cup final is scheduled on Sunday , the 12th of August between the No. 1 seeded Novak Djokovic vs the 14th seeded Richard Gasquet.

The final is scheduled to start at 19 EDT (Toronto Time) or 23 GMT or 00 BST (13th August) or 04:30 IST (13th August) or 09:00 AEST (13th August).

As you all know, that still Roger Federer is the world No. 1 ranked player while Novak Djokovic is the No. 2 ranked player & the gap between the two is very narrow.

Before, we go any further, let us firstly look at the last announced ATP points of the Top 8. These are the points that ATP last announced on 6th August, 2012

Posted Image

As you can see from this, Roger Federer leads by 160 points from Novak Djokovic. As you are aware that these ranking points were declared immediately before the start of Rogers Cup, 2012.

As you all must be aware, that Roger Federer& Rafael Nadal withdrew before the start of Rogers Cup, 2012.

Also, Andy Murray had withdrawn before his third round match.

So, every one seems to be asking :

(i) Will Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer be ranked No. 1 after Rogers Cup, 2012?

(ii) How many points will Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal lose for withdrawing from Rogers Cup, 2012?

(iii) How much the points difference will be between Novak Djokovic & Roger Federer after Rogers Cup, 2012?

(iv) Will Roger Federer still be No. 1 if Novak Djokovic wins the Rogers Cup, 2012?

(v) What will be the ATP points of Top 4 be in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 13th August, 2012 (after Rogers Cup, 2012)?

So, for getting the answers to all these questions, please read on ---

Edited by Vibhu batra, 05 November 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

Before we go any further, let me firstly remind you how many points are at stake in ATP 1000 tournaments?

1. The winner gets 1000 points.

2. The losing finalist gets 600 points.

3. The losing Semi-finalist gets 360 points each.

4. The losing Quarter-Finalist gets 180 points each.

5. The loser of Round of 16 gets 90 points each.

6. The winner of Round of 32 takes 45 points each. (that, effectively means, loser of Round of 32 gets only 10 points).

7. The winner of Round of 64 gets 10 points each.

8 points are awarded to first round losers only if the main draw is larger than 56 players in case of ATP 1000 Tournaments.

Also, it needs to be mentioned that the the top 8 seeds get a bye in their first match in ATP 1000 Tournaments having 56 players in the main draw while 16 Top seeds get a bye in a 96 players main draw ATP 1000 Tourny.

PS: Please be informed that these points are valid only in a 56 players ATP 1000 tournament.

e.g. in Indian Wells & Miami , as 96 players are in the fray, so, the points allotment system changes a wee bit.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:53 PM

For every one who is coming via Google/bing searching can Roger Federer be No. 1 for 300 weeks?

I explained that in great details in this following post ----------------

http://www.rogerfede...t-us-open-2012/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

How much points the Top 4 were to defend in the Rogers Cup, 2012?

Roger Federer had lost in the Round of 16 in 2011, so he had to defend 90 points in the Rogers Cup, 2012. Thus, he will lose out whole of these 90 points as he skipped Rogers Cup, 2012.

Novak Djokovic is the defending champion (Djokovic had won Rogers Cup in 2011), so, he is defending 1000 points, so that means, if by chance, he loses today's final at Rogers Cup, he will lose out 400 points.

Rafael Nadal had lost in the Round of 32 in 2011, so he had to defend 10 points in the Rogers Cup, 2012. Thus, he will lose out whole of these 10 points as he skipped Rogers Cup, 2012.

Andy Murray had lost in the Round of 32 in 2011, so he had to defend 10 points in the Rogers Cup, 2012. Thus, by withdrawing after winning the 2nd round, he successfully defended his 10 points of last year gained at Rogers Cup.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

So, if Novak Djokovic wins today's final of Rogers Cup, 2012, his overall points tally will remain same i.e. 11,270

In case, Djokovic loses the today's final, then his points will get reduced by 400 points & will be 10,870.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:18 AM

While, Roger Federer's point in the ATP ranking points to be declared on 13th August, 2012 will be 11435-90 = 11345.....

Rafael Nadal's Ranking points in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 13th August, 2012 will be 8895.

& Andy Murray's Ranking points in the ATP Ranking points to be declared on 13th August, 2012 will be 8120.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

So, as you can see, even if Novak Djokovic retains(wins) his Rogers Cup, 2012 title, then also, Roger Federer will retain his No. 1 working for one more week & this will be his 291st week as ATP World No. 1..............

In this Federer vs Djokovic battle for ATP No. 1 ranking, Roger Federer will keep his No. 1 ranking for this week (13th August,2012) irrespective of what ever happens at Rogers Cup, 2012.

Federer vs Djokovic.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

Thus, if Novak Djokovic wins the Rogers Cup, 2012, the ATP ranking points of top 4 to be announced on August 13th, will be ::::::;

1. Roger Federer : 11,345

2. Novak Djokovic : 11,270

3. Rafael Nadal : 8,905

4. Andy Murray :: 8120

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

& if by chance, Novak Djokovic loses the final of Rogers Cup, 2012 to Richard Gasquet, the ATP ranking points of top 4 to be announced on August 13th, will be ::::::;

1. Roger Federer : 11,345

2. Novak Djokovic : 10,870

3. Rafael Nadal : 8,905

4. Andy Murray :: 8120

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

I can assure you that my ATP Ranking Scenarios post Cincinnati Masters, 2012 will be up in less than 36 hours from now, to stay in touch,

Please follow us on

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 mylarose

mylarose

Roger Federer Fans 1000 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIncredible India

Current mood: Cloud 9

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Good job!

#12 Guest_nancy_*

Guest_nancy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

many thanks - very well explained : )

#13 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

As explained above, these are the ATP ranking points as announced by ATP on 13 th August 2012's morning.. As Novak Djokovic defeated Stepanek in the finals, so, he retained those 1000 points & here is the ranking points of the top 8

Screenshot_2012-08-13-12-02-48.png

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#14 BeingAHappyGal

BeingAHappyGal

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

thanks for sharing the stats. good work.

#15 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Loved the explanation. Was 100% spot on & so easy to understand :)..

This Rogers Cup, 2012 title was for sure, the easiest ever ATP 1000 title of Novak DJokovic. Frankly, it looked as if it was an ATP 250, instead of an ATP 1000 title.

#16 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,777 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

great explanation

hope that Federer stays no.1 and to reach the 200+ weeks ATP World No. 1 :)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#17 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

great explanation

hope that Federer stays no.1 and to reach the 200+ weeks ATP World No. 1 :)

200????? Hahaha 300 weeks my friend! ;-))

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#18 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

nicely done vibhu!! many thanks :)
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#19 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,777 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

200????? Hahaha 300 weeks my friend! ;-))

OoOops,heheheh half of me is sleeping....reading it twice to make sure and wrote 200 hehe No, no .. i should get some rest now

correct:
hope that Federer stays no.1 and to reach the 300+ weeks ATP World No. 1 :P

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#20 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Great explanation, thou, would have been much better, if it was posted before the start of Rogers Cup ,but yes, I can understand how busy you would have been.

Now, I understand why, you say, that being a Tennis hobby writer is like returning to school days, no matter how much you write, the home work, never seems to finsih..

So much happens in the Tennis world, it is hard to keep pace & what amazes me, is that a person like you who is busy in 100 things in a day, can keep track of every thing & can explain in such great details. Kudos !!!!

Also, had noticed, your G plus update made at 01:00 GMT after you completed this article ..
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATP ranking scenarios, Rogers Cup, Toronto Masters, ATP, ATP 1000, Novak Djokovic, ATP ranking propositions post rogers cup, will djokovic or federer be number 1 after rogers cup, rafael nadal, andy murray, roger federer, atp points after rogers cup 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+