Roger Federer confirms for the Davis Cup Tie vs Netherlands

roger federer davis cup netherlands world group play offs

11 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Roger Federer rf davis cup.jpg has confirmed his participation in the Davis Cup World Group play off vs Netherlands to be played from 14th to 16th September at Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam, Netherlands.

amsterdam.jpg

A gorgeous file picture of Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Swiss Davis Cup team for tie against Netherlands: Federer, Wawrinka, Chiudinelli, Laaksonen.

How ever, it is not confirmed if Federer will play both the singles matches or the doubles match. That decision will be taken before the start of the tie by Federer & the Swiss Davis Cup Captain Severin Luthi.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Netherlands face Switzerland knowing that they will need to achieve something they have never done before at the Westergasfabriek stadium in Amsterdam – defeat the Swiss on home soil.

The court at the Westergasfabriek stadium in Amsterdam is Clay Court.

Team Switzerland lead the head to head 4-3 vs Team Netherlands at Davis Cup with all 3 victories of Netherlands have been on Switzerland soil.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

Switzerland were shock victims of the United States in the World Group first round where even having Roger Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka they failed to win a single rubber at home. Having been relegated in 2010 it was their first tie at the highest level of the competition in two years and they must now defeat Netherlands to retain their place at World Group for the 2013 Davis Cup season.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Tickets go on sale from 10th September, 2012, so, if you are travelling for the tie, keep your fingers crossed as there is a great chance that Federer might just play both the singles matches.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Very tough decision like last year as the Davis cup tie is 4 days after US Open, but at least, this year, federer doesn't have to travel all the way to Sydney. Allez Roger. May he get all the strength reqd for such a hectic schedule :).

Thou, I will hope, he has to play in only one singles as playing doubles on saturday will be very-2 tough. So, hope, he & Stan can win their singles on friday & the young SUI boys do it on saturday :P...
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yes, you are right, I have been covering Tennis for almost 22 years now & probably, 2012 is the toughest year for players. Consider, playing Basel, Bercy & then the WTF consecutively, seriously, you gotta be kidding me :(....

Basically, in 5 weeks, 4 weeks of Tennis if you include Shanghai Masters.

Also, find two minutes to see this post written by me yesterday on what does Federer Family think Roger Federer is doing ----

http://www.rogerfede...hink-about-him/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

No doubt, its a very tough decision. As the Davis cup squads have to be finalized 10 days
in advance & probably, as Anna suggested, it will be in the best interest of every one
if Roger has to play only one match. I reckon, that will add about 10 points to Federer's
ranking points also :).
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#8 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Roger Federer just announced on his official facebook wall ------

Dear Fans

It is my pleasure to inform you that I will be taking part in the Davis Cup playoffs against the Netherlands. I am looking forward to a great weekend in Amsterdam.

See you soon,

Roger

#9 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

To the best of my knowledge, Roger Federer will be playing in at least one singles match on 14th September, 2012. If the Swiss Davis cup manages to win the tie on 15th September, 2012, then he won't be playing in the reverse singles on Sunday, 16th September, 2012.

#10 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

Here is a file picture of Swiss Davis cup team ----

Posted Image

#11 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

For the draw of this Davis Cup Tie & to hear what Roger Federer has to say on playing in Netherlands, see this topic-----------

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/731-draw-and-schedule-of-davis-cup-tie-between-switzerland-and-netherlands/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#12 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

& For practice pics of Roger Federer taken at Amsterdam for the Davis Cup tie, see this post ---

http://www.rogerfede...he-netherlands/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+