• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Match Report, Pics, Video Highlights of Serena Williams victory over Victoria Azarenka at US Open, 2012

us open us open 2012 serena williams victoria azarenka wta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Finally tested, even trailing, at the U.S. Open, Serena William turned things around just in time.

Posted Image
GettyImages

Two points from defeat, Williams suddenly regained her composure and her strokes, coming back to win the last four games and beat Victoria Azarenka 6-2, 2-6, 7-5 on Sunday night for her fourth championship at Flushing Meadows and 15th Grand Slam title overall.
With the win Williams became the firt women's tennis player to cross $40 million in earnings. With this U.S. Open singles title and her third round doubles loss, her on-court career earnings are now $40,090,142.

"I honestly can't believe I won. I really was preparing my runner-up speech, because I thought, 'Man, she's playing so great,' " Williams said during the trophy presentation after the 2-hour, 18-minute match, adding: "I'm really shocked."
She might be the only one.

After all, what really was stunning was that the top-ranked Azarenka made things as interesting as they were, given that she came into the day 1-9 against Williams.
Add in that Williams hadn't dropped a set in the tournament, losing only 19 games through six matches before Sunday. All part of a tremendous run she is putting together in reaction to her loss at the French Open in late May, the American's only first-round exit in 49 career major tournaments. Since then, she is 26-1, winning Wimbledon and the London Olympics.

"I was miserable after that loss in Paris. I have never been so miserable after a loss," Williams said. "I pulled it together. ... Sometimes, they say, it's good to lose."
There hadn't been a three-set women's final in New York since 1995, and Williams came through with a late charge to become the first woman to win Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the same season since a decade ago, when -- yes, that's right -- she did it.

"She never gives up," said Azarenka, who managed only 13 winners, 31 fewer than Williams. "She's definitely the toughest player, mentally, there is and she's got the power."

Source:ESPN

This post has been promoted to an article

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

And here's a few pics from the final match US Open 2012

f_0907_4415_williams.jpg

f_0907_4414_azarenka.jpg

f_0907_4416_williams.jpg

f_0907_4419_williams.jpg

f_0907_4417_williams.jpg

US OPEN

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Follow us also on...

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

f_0907_4420_williams.jpg

f_0907_4424_williams.jpg

Here is Victoria Azarenka crying after she failed to serve out the match at 5-4 in the 3rd set

Posted Image

Posted Image

Victoria Azarenka crying after she failed to serve out the match at 5-4 in the 3rd set

Posted Image
USOPEN

Follow us also on...

#4 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

Match highlights video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhwprVAymvo

Azarenka crying and Serena's delight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C86_VwoU7c

Follow us also on...

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

What an absolute wondeRFul match it was. Frankly, I have waited almost 2 decades to see such a great WTA final. Azarenka might have lost, but, yes, she won many-2 hearts & the way, she described Williams as the greatest ever & she considers her self to be lucky even standing along sides Serena Williams was so so so good to see.......

Here is the video of Victoria Azarenka & Serena williams speeches at Trophy giving ceremony of US Open, 2012

& what can you say about Serena Williams, when she's in on song, no one can beat her & she proved it again.

Thanks a ton for posting sausan :). Will remember this match for the rest of my life....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

For every one who missed out the 2nd set, here is the full recording of the 2nd set...

Hard to believe that Serena Williams got broken twice by Vika Azarenka

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

Here is the video of victory celebrations cum the long jumps of Serena Williams after beating Victoria Azarenka for her 4th us open title

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Congratulations to Serena Williams for 15th GS singles title. Well played Vika, no doubt you missed very good opportunity. So good luck for next..

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#9 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:32 PM

For sure, was a great match. Serena Williams proved why she is a modern day great once again.Thanks for posting.

#10 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Oh Yeah,i'm so happy for Serena victory ^_^

It's the most amazing Grand Slam finals I've ever seen,I enjoyed seeing Azarenka and Serena skill woow woow woow...Serena fantastic,like my brother says she is a criminal in tennis.

Follow us also on...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+