• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 12 votes

Roger Federer completes 15 years in ATP Rankings (22nd September 1997 to 24 September, 2012)

ATP ranking 15 years roger federer atp rankings

21 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

It was on 22nd September, 1997 that for the first time, this little known 16 year old boy from Basel named Roger Federer rf 16.jpg

got his very first ATP ranking.

Here is a very-2 rare pic of the first ever ATP ranking that Roger Federer got on 22 September, 1997

RF 803.png

Yes, the first ever ATP ranking that Roger Federer got as an amaetuer was 803. (Roger Federer had turned pro in 1998).

After 15 years of intense Hard work, Single-minded Dedication, Devotion, Determination, Sacrifices & most importantly, Self Belief Roger Federer on 24th September, 2012 has completed 297 weeks at ATP Number. 1.

Here is how the ATP rankings of TOP 21 players looks like as on 24th September, 2012

RF 297.png

Keep reading this article from some interesting facts about Roger Federer & his career growth over these 15 years :).

This post has been promoted to an article

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

The journey of Roger Federer From teenage tantrums to sublime success

As a teenager, Roger Federer was a talented but combustible young boy. As a 15-year-old at the Swiss National Tennis Centre at Ecublens, Federer had to write down his sporting goals. While others wanted to "turn professional" or "make the top 100", Federer said he wanted to "break the top ten and then become number one".

RF WORLD.jpg

15 Years back, who was to think in the wildest of dreams that this young boy named Roger Federer will spin the whole Tennis world with his magical game.

"I believe Roger is ambitious because he isn't 100 per cent Swiss," said Seppli Kacovski, Federer's first coach. "His father is Swiss, and the calmness Roger has comes from his father, but the ambition and willpower come from his mother [who is South African]."

Calmness was not always a Federer trait, however. "I used to throw my racket around like you can't imagine," he admitted. "I was getting kicked out of practice sessions non-stop when I was 16."

When Federer was 17, he decided to see a sports psychologist, who helped move him from the explosive McEnroe end of the psychological spectrum towards the composure of Swedish legend Björn Borg.

One difference with Borg, however, is Federer's reaction to success. "There are people who don't smile when they win, and there are people who smile for weeks afterwards. I'm the kind of guy who lets the tears flow," Federer said after winning his first Wimbledon title in July 2003.

As almost 99% of you will be aware, that Roger Federer became a famous name after he defeated legendary Pete Sampras in the 4th Round of Wimbledon, 2001.

Thou, his first Grand Slam victory came at Wimbledon in 2003 when on July 6, 2003, Federer became the first Swiss man to win a grand slam title when he beat Mark Philippoussis in straight sets at Wimbledon.

fed 2003.jpg

The journey continued & reached a new mile-stone when on 2nd February, 2004, Roger Federer became ATP No. 1 for the first time after winning his first Australian Open.

Rene Stauffer, the author of the most sold Roger Federer biography titled, "Quest for Perfection", recently said, "I think the key point [in Federer's career] is everything that happened at the beginning of 2004 – after he won Wimbledon in 2003 he won the Tennis Masters Cup, he won the Australian Open in 2004 and got to number one,"

"It was like a big liberation for him. He said that at that point he could have stopped playing since he had achieved everything he wanted. Everything that has happened since then has been like a bonus for him."

Stauffer describes Federer as "a puzzle that took a long time to finish but now everything is that much more beautiful".

"He has everything he needs – he is the complete package now. He has the mental strength and athletic abilities which are just wonderful to watch," he said.

"It's no wonder he's been voted World Sportsman of the Year four times that shows he's not only a tennis player but also a sportsman that could probably go far in many other sports."

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

These are some of the major accomplishments of Roger Federer

17 Grand Slam titles

rf 17.jpg

76 ATP Titles

atp 76.jpg

297 weeks at ATP No. 1

RF 297.jpg

Image credit : Ermira Federer

21 ATP 1000 titles

6 WTF Titles

1 Olympics doubles Gold & 1 Olympics Silver

PS: Please feel free to contribute more achievements by dropping your vavaluable comments :).

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

As I told above, thou, Roger Federer became a pro in 1998, but his first 12 ATP points that got him to 803 ATP ranking on 22nd September, 1997 came after he reached semi-final at a challenger held in Bossonnens, Switzerland in the 2nd week of September, 1997. Also, Severin Luthi had competed in that challenger :)

Also, find 8 minutes to watch this amazing compilation of video of all 17 Grand slams won by Roger Federer :::::

http://www.rogerfede...nd-slam-titles/

As Posted by sausan

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

What a wondeRFul article & what a wonderful achievement by Roger Federer. As Richard Krajicek once said, its hard to be doing the same thing day in & day out for years & decades & thats what champs like Federer & Sampras are so good in doing.

Glad to be part of this age :).

Very few people know that Lyeton Hewitt was also ranked 803 in the ATP rankings just one week prior to Roger Federer :).... On 15th September, 1997, Hewitt was ranked 803 & on 22nd September, 1997, Federer became 803 ranked ATP Player and see where are we now. :)

For more such informative articles, pics & posts,

Please follow us on

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#6 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Yes, you are right, Lyeton Hewitt was also ranked 803 on 15-September-1997 (one week prior to Roger Federer's first ATP ranking). Here is a pic from that day's ranking -----

hewitt 803.png

#7 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

You have already explained everything...nothing more to add...
"There are people who don't smile when they win, and there are people who smile for weeks afterwards. I'm the kind of guy who lets the tears flow,"
i simply luvd this :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#8 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,782 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:21 PM

Wooow wooow,i don't know what to say, you are amazing.
and Federer did remarkable achievements,I hope to continue and to stay longer presence in the ATP ranking.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

congrats Sausan for ur 500th post:)

#10 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

You have already explained everything...nothing more to add...
"There are people who don't smile when they win, and there are people who smile for weeks afterwards. I'm the kind of guy who lets the tears flow,"
i simply luvd this :)

i was abt to comment on this..!!! we think in a similar way.. :) :)
i read that line again and again..!!

sausan congrats on ur 500th posts!!! <3
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#11 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Was wondering what would be roger's reaction if he sees this page ???
loved it...

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#12 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Congrats to Roger Federer for completing these 15 years & congrats to Vibhu for this great piece of article & Im 99.99% sure, that some one from Roger's PR Team saw this post & that's why, today Roger Federer updated his official facebook page ---

"Just heard that over 15yrs ago (9/22/97) as a 16yr old, I made my debut on the ATP rankings...debuting at #803 after picking up 12pts. Here's to another 15yrs on tour....hahahahah :)"

See it here...

Will be so great to see Rog playing for 15 more years :)...
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#13 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

Bravo, Vibhu for being the first to report this in the entire world :). Just checking all social engines & Im sure, this was the first article in the entire universe.

I think ATP might have updated the rankings at about 22:00 GMT & if I am not mistaken, your article was ready by 22:11 GMT?

Well done & take a bow. Hats off to your sharp brain.

No doubt, its a great accomplishment by Roger, not sure, if he will play for the next 15 years or not, but, I will enjoy every moment till he plays :). Vamos :)

Posted Image

I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#14 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Thanks to you all for nice words. I actually have been remembering all these dates ever since I read "Quest for Perfection" by Rene Stauffer.

Some of the quotes used above have been copies from the best ever book on Federer written by @staffsky.

I wanted to write a better article than this but it was very-2 late here or early morning here & with a running nose & 102 degree fever, it was becoming very hard to concentrate.

Glad, you all liked it & so so glad, Federer updated his facebook page with this very status message (made my day special).

Thanks again :)...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

Roger Federer Fans 1st Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 180 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France

Current mood: Happy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:13 AM

Amazing article, as always, here is the place to be for all Federistas <3
Thank you for this, & Roger made my day to see with his update status too :D <3

#16 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Awww, sad to hear that. Take good care & get well soon & I especially liked the fact that Roger Federer's calmness comes from his swiss dad & his desire to achieve more came from his South African mom :)..

Congrats once again to you & Roger as well :).......
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#17 Yuliana

Yuliana

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Current mood: Breezy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Just wanna thank you for this great article. I am a big big
fan of all your posts & its because of you that I have started
understanding Tennis rankings as well.

Thanks for englightening me about my favorite player Roger Federer :).

#18 Aayan

Aayan

Roger Federer Fans Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

I am impressed with the quality of posts on this forum. This is perhaps one of the best forum on the greatest player of tennis in history so far. I congratulate the Admin his moderators and all members and guests who have taken the trouble of posting replying ,I wish and pray for the great success of this forum.

Further in my view Roger Federer still is a force to be reckoned with on court and the way he has played in this season so far, it is evident that this Swiss genius has it all to add a few more Grand Slams to his tally.I am a lover of Tennis and from U S I will continue to visit this forum off and on.

Cheers

#19 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

i was abt to comment on this..!!! we think in a similar way.. :) :)
i read that line again and again..!!

sausan congrats on ur 500th posts!!! <3

yes Truely Poorna...this happens so many tyms with us :)

#20 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Oh wow glad to read wat Anna posted...:) Many Conrats Vibhu...inspite of being so ill you came up with such an awsm article n see it has paid off too...soo happy...:)hope you get well soon...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+