• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

How true are the Rumours of Bercy Masters getting shifted to February, 2014 & is it possible to shift Bercy Masters in February?

bercy masters atp 1000 paris bercy february feb 2014 atp

6 replies to this topic

#1 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

As I explained in my last article (which you can read here), in order to shorten the Tennis calendar by 2 weeks from 2012, ATP has made sure that the one week's rest (which used to be there till 2011) has been done away from the 2012 season onwards.

Posted Image

As you will notice even in 2012 that many top 8 players who have qualified to play in World Tour Finals will skip Bercy Masters, 2012 or may be, won't be able to give their all at Bercy.

So, there are rumors going around in some sections of Media that Bercy Masters will be shifted to February from 2014 on wards.

Thou, I can't confirm how true are these rumors, but what I can confirm is that it will surely increase interest if Bercy Masters can become the first ATP 1000 masters tournament of the calendar year.

Also, it needs to be mentioned that there is no official word from ATP or players council, so, its too early to predict if this change will surely take place from 2014 onwards or not.

But, what gives strength to this debate of moving of Bercy Masters to Feb, 2014::::

(i) There are reports that World Tour Finals will be shifted to October from 2014 immediately after the Asian Tournaments.

(ii) After WTF, a long list of non mandatory ATP 500 tournys are being planned in South America including an ATP 500 tourny in Rio De Janeiro.

If the above changes are to happen, then surely there is no way in the world, that Bercy Masters can be held in November (especially if season ending World Tour Final is held in October).

Keep reading for what I feel will be needed to shift Bercy Masters to February from 2014 onwards.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#2 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

The changes that will be needed to shift Bercy Masters to February from 2014 Onwards

The two most important tournys (both ATP-500) that are held in February are Rotterdam Open & Dubai Open.

Every one will be aware that how lucratively Dubai Open organizers pay to the players. It is highly unlikely that Dubai Open can be shifted to any other month than in February because of weather, Dubai's own business interest which includes Dubai Shopping festival & tourism.

As Australian Open usually finishes in the first week of February & the last week of February virtually reserved for Dubai Open,

So, what I feel Bercy Masters can be reserved the 2nd week of February from 2014 onwards.

Thou, Rotterdam Open will lose out badly in this case & Richard Krajicek (the tournament director of Rotterdam Open) will have a very tough time in lobbying to ATP & in that case, they will have to make the players pay-check equivalent to Dubai Open to get the same players response.

What do you guys think? Is there any other month, date to which Bercy Masters can be shifted? Comments most welcome.

PS: All these view are purely mine & are based on rumors only.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#3 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

Immediately after Australian open you'll have Bercy then and after a week's gap Dubai...its going to be a tight Feb. but yes you don't have many options then...

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#4 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yes, I too feel that ATP is doing injustice by putting up Bercy Masters and WTF without any gap.

Regarding 2014, will be interesting what ATP does & as you rightly said, Rotterdam can in no way pay equal to Dubai, so, I reckon Dubai has a greater chance to be in the 4th week, so, yes Rotterdam Open will surely suffer & I doubt, if they can shift Rotterdam to November?

#5 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Excellent report, thou, its too early to say if ATP will formalize this, but, I too will be happy to see Bercy happening in February as two ATP-1000 after US Open is a lot of work load for players. I guess, ATP will take decision by mid of 2013?
If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#6 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

If this happens In my opinion, this does not change anything, it's still tough for players especially there is important tournaments in February.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

I too feel that Bercy will get 2nd week of February..

No chance of shifting Rotterdam Open to November, so probably Rotterdam & Dubai will be in the 4th week of February (just like Basel & VALENCIA are held in October's 3rd week)..

Interestingly, what will happen to these ATP-250 (vienna, stockholm, moscow) & ATP 500 (basel, valencia) that are held in 3rd & 4th week of october. Tough questions to decide for ATP for sure.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+