• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Roger Federer targeted by Chinese death threat.

Roger Federer Shanghai Masters Roger Federer received death threats

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

Shanghai Masters organizers have tightened security around Roger Federer after the top-ranked men’s tennis player was targeted by an online death threat, a report said Thursday.

0_134596290317_news.jpg

Extra precautions for Federer, who has arrived in Shanghai with his family, were taken after an unknown blogger said he planned to “assassinate” the player, in a bizarre posting on a popular Chinese website.

“On October 6, I plan to assassinate Federer for the purpose of tennis extermination,” read the message, posted under the name ‘Blue Cat Polytheistic Religion Founder 07′ on baidu.com.

The user also posted a doctored image showing a decapitated Federer on his knees on a tennis court, with a masked executioner dressed in black and holding an axe posing next to him.

Police and other government agencies have been contacted to increase security around Federer, an official with the tournament’s organizing committee told the Shanghai Youth Daily.

“We hope that it was an oral threat only, and the fan won’t take substantive action. However, we have to take it seriously,” Yang Yibin was quoted as saying.

“We have contacted the local police and we will upgrade the level of security for Roger.
Meanwhile, we will also protect other players’ security.”

Posted Image

Yang gave few details of the extra security, but he said Federer’s arrival time was not disclosed to media and that he and his family were ushered through a VIP channel and driven straight to their hotel after flying in to Shanghai.

Attacks on tennis players are rare, but in 1993 Monica Seles was stabbed by a deranged fan during a match in Hamburg.

In the 2009 French Open final, a fan invaded the court and tried to put a beret on Federer, before being tackled by security officials.

Source: Sports.inquirer

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#2 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

That for sure was a very sad news to wake up to today morning. As always, information coming out of China is very vague and incomplete. There are unconfirmed reports that the person has been identified, but there is no news if he has been caught or not?

Also, reports suggested that Roger's today's practice session was moved to a private place & that all his meetings have been cancelled. Also, all the autographs session that he does have been cancelled..

Hope, he will be able to concentrate on the game. Its a classic case of one of idiots ruining the whole country's image & hope, the Chinese police authorities issue an official statement to stop all these rumors.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#3 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,789 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Oh God, what a news? what are they talking about?!!!!!i'm in shock :o :(...please, tell me anything else I hope it's a joke i don't know... i don't know

But i don't understand, why Federer???

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#4 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

and i am gng to sleep with this news!!
it is really shocking but still it must for some publicity hopefully!
hope nothing happens to anyone!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#5 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Oh God, what a news? what are they talking about?!!!!!i'm in shock :o :(...please, tell me anything else I hope it's a joke i don't know... i don't know

But i don't understand, why Federer???

sausan seriously !! y federer??
we all know,..!!
he is popular.. i think this person is damn jealous! hope nothing happens..
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#6 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Feel so sad to hear this...why would someone want to do this with Federer...:((( i hope its jst a petty attempt by someone to distract him(as i read sumwhere) n nothing more than that...God help plzzzz...

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#7 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:42 AM

The Chinese are good in banning web-sites & keeping every thing secret. Let me clarify three more things ::

(i) this mad person posted this pic & message on 25th September, 2012.

(ii) Federer team was informed of this threat & they took the decision to play at Shanghai after knowing this.

& for security reasons, Roger Federer's arrival time was not disclosed to media and Roger and his family were ushered through a VIP channel and driven straight to their hotel after flying in to Shanghai.

So, there is absolutely nothing to worry, thou, I too will dearly love an official statement from Chinese police who that man is (if by chance, they don't want to disclose it), at least, tell if he is arrested or not?

This is why Democracy is so crucial, having no free media in China sucks big time & according to me, irrespective of how much growth China keeps on saying on papers, if a country doesn't have Democracy & no free media, still it will never get the place which a country of this size should get.

Sorry for making it a political forum, just took out the anger. Stay safe Roger & for every one, doubting or searching, its 100% sure, Roger Federer will play at Shanghai Masters, 2012.
If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#8 azindn

azindn

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSouthwest, USA

Current mood: Artistic

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

This is sad that crazies are targeting this man. Whether joke or if real, I hope the threat
does not damage the great friendly relationship that Federer has always shared openly
with his very loving public. There is no place for violence or threats in tennis, or the world.
-- One tequila. Two tequila. Three tequila. Floor.

#9 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Glad to see Roger Federer reaching Shanghai & feels so comforting to see Fed smiling after reaching Shanghai -----

http://www.rogerfede...ghai-open-2012/

& for every one messaging to see the pic posted by that Chinese Mad person, sorry we won't ever post that....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#10 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

yea.. we dont want it here!!!

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,789 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

we don't want to see it.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#12 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

The crazy man who created havoc in Tennis world by posting that nuisance stuff about Federer today sent an apology letter to the organizers of Shanghai Masters.

That idiotic 'Blue Cat' wrote the following & I quote,

" I'm terribly sorry for what has happened. I was arguing with some fans of Roger Federer and then I wrote something stupid ... I hope that the organizers can understand me, forgive me and if possible send my apologies to Federer and his family."

#13 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

Hopefully, now after this apology letter, all rumors will stop. What I also read that boy is a teenager & that's why, they haven't disclosed his name. Might be true, hope, every anti-social element will learn from this.

& glad, Roger showed the faith and turned up for shanghai :). Allez
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+