• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Match Report, Pics & Video Highlights of Roger Federer's win over Stanislas Wawrinka at Shanghai Masters, 2012

roger federer stanislas wawrinka shanghai masters shanghai masters 2012 atp 1000 roger federer 300 rf 300 300 weeks atp atp no. 1

27 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Roger Federer assures himself of ATP No. 1 ranking for a record 300th week after defeating his good friend Stanislas Wawrinka 4-6, 7-6(4), 6-0 in the third round of Shanghai Masters, 2012.

RF 300 weeks.jpg

Photo edited by Ermira Federer

Putting up more details of match with pics & report in a few mins in the following posts in this very topic. Watch out.

This post has been promoted to an article

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

The day began on a funny note when Stan Wawrinka re-tweeted this tweet by our own Kishore

hey rog.jpg

Thou, Stan Wawrinka might have re-tweeted after reading about best friends, but when the match started, Wawrinka was in no mood to show any signs of friendship.

The First set started with Wawrinka showing some amazing combination of defense & some amazing powerful shots from baseline.

Thou, Federer had 2 break-points at 1-1 on Wawrinka's service but Federer missed both of those with a backhand & a forehand unforced error.

On 3-3, Federer got broken at love & it was 4-3 in favor of Wawrinka.

On his second set point, Wawrinka finished out the first set with a booming 1st serve to win the first set 6-4.

As you will see from the first set stats, all these unforced winners by Roger Federer costed him the set. He hardly hit 2 winners in the first set.

While Wawrinka's game was on song during the 1st set :::::::

fedrinka 1.png

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

why do people give me" do i care???" look when i say federer before even i complete my sentence!!! damn it!!! :angry:
i am very happy .. but i dont have people to talk abt this face to face.. i am that happy... :D :lol:
but as long as i feel like atleast i have few people to talk abt this!!! :)
congo rogiiii!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Second Set

Roger Federer changed his tactics a wee bit, he started coming in to net a bit more. On the second serve, he was coming on the front foot more to attack the 2nd serve more.

This tactic paid dividends & Roger broke Stan the man at in the 4th game to make it 3-1.

But, Wawrinka broke back immediately thanks to a backhand & a forehand unforced error by Federer & it was back on serve at 2-3.

At 3-3, Federer on his service was trailing 0-30 but with 3 excellent shots, Federer made it 4-3.

Wawrinka then saved a break-point on his service & made it 4-4.

Federer then faced a break-point on his service on 4-4 but three unforced errors by Wawrinka gifted Federer the service game & it was 5-4 Federer.

Wawrinka while serving 5-6 again faced a break-point as he double faulted on 30-all but some how, managed to hold the service & it was 6 all & thus, over to tie-breaker in the 2nd set.

In the tie-breaker, thou, Federer got the first mini-break but Wawrinka managed to win 2 points & it was 3 all.....

But, then Federer proved his magical game & with an amazing forehand pass on full stretch, made it 4-3 & then with two amazing serves, made it 6-3.

Wawrinka showed some great defense by playing an amazing across the net back-hand flick to make it 4-6 but then Wawrinka missed an easy back-hand & thus, Roger Federer won the tie-breaker 7-4.

Posted Image

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Third set

Every one knew, Roger Federer was the favorite to win the 3rd set as Stan Wawrinka looked a bit dejected after losing the 2nd set.

After Roger Federer broke Wawrinka's service in the first game of 3rd set, it was just an one way territory.

Wawrinka was looking down & out & lost his service in the 3rd & 5th game while Roger Federer held his service fairly easily.

Thus, Roger Federer won the third set 6-0 & it was a great shame to see Wawrinka bagelled considering how well he played in the first two sets.

Here are the full match stats for you all--------

full match stats.png full match stats.png

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

Roger Federer in 1 hours & 56 minutes won 4-6, 7-6(4) & 6-0 to ensure that he reaches Quarter-finals & thus, ensured that he will be ranked ATP No. 1 on 15th October, 2012 irrespective of what ever happens at Shanghai Masters from here on -----

Posted Image

Read more about Roger Federer's amazing feat of 300 weeks at ATP No. 1 here

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/759-when-will-roger-federer-complete-300-weeks-as-atp-no-1-ranked-tennis-player/

To know the ATP Ranking scenarios post SHanghai Masters, 2012, see this detailed commentary by me ----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/786-atp-ranking-scenarios-post-shanghai-masters-2012/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Here are a few pics from the match for you all -----------

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Roger Federer changing shirts during the match vs Wawrinka at Shanghai

fed shirtless.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#9 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Here's the match highlights for you -------------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Here's the match highlights for you all -------

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#12 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Here are the HD highlights ------

First set

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#13 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

One more HD recording of 2nd set & 3rd set

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#14 17slams

17slams

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

SkySports on-court interview: http://www.skysports...8158620,00.html

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

This is what Roger Federer said in an interview to SKy Sports ::::::

I was slow in the beginning.. May be, bit of muscular pains......

Wawrinka was much better in the first 2 sets. I was lucky in the 2nd set

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Federer to Sky News,

To achieve 300 Weeks of ATP No. 1 is an amazing feat. No doubts its an amazing feat.

Achieving the feat of Year-end No. 1 is out of control. As Djokovic & Murray also have a chance to finish the year-end as No. 1... I would love to end the year as No. 1.

Thou, my next big priority is winning World Tour Finals again, I enjoyed it winning in 2011, doing it again in 2012 will be of great satisfaction.

Federer on playing vs Cilic in the quarter-final, we haven't played each other that much, but, I know, he played a great match vs Murray in the US Open, 2012 quarter-finals, so look forward to the battle tomorrow.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

Wow wow Yipppieeeeee Federer finally did it...Congratsssssssssssss to Federer n #FedererFamily....:) celebration time :) cheers :)

N congrats to Kishore too for that retweet...:)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#18 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

For ATP Ranking scenarios post Shanghai Masters, 2012, see this detailed commentary -----

http://www.rogerfede...i-masters-2012/

#19 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Haha thanks to Stan for retweet my funny tweet, and congratulations to Roger Federer and all Federer family members. #RF300 and counting..

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#20 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

CONGO Kishore ji!!!
lets #FedererFamily celebrate #RF300 weeks and counting!! :wub:

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, stanislas wawrinka, shanghai masters, shanghai masters 2012, atp 1000, roger federer 300, rf 300, 300 weeks, atp, atp no. 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+