• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Poem and pic edits celebrating Roger Federer completing 300 weeks as ATP #1

Roger Federer roger federer poem federer poem poem on federer ATP RF 300 300 weeks

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

Roger Federer Fans 1st Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 180 posts
  • LocationStrasbourg, France

Current mood: Happy

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

As you all know that Roger Federer will be completing 300 weeks at ATP #1 on 15th October, 2012. To read how he achieved this feat, you can see this detailed commentary.

To make this day & week memorable, I'm writing this Poem on Roger Federer on this amazing occasion of him reaching 300 weeks as #1 (and counting)...

I hope you guys will like it :D

Some years ago,
Was the most amazing day
The day I started watching you play.

Watching you play,

It's like the job of my dreams I wanna do,
With elegance, with style,

and without weakness

No one can be compared to you,
It's just like trying to compare someone ordinary to the greatness.

The greatness is the word describing you,
Playing with all this grace was only gifted to you.
Millions people around the world,
Are admiring you all day long.

Posted Image

When you play everyone is watching,
Is something nobody can forget about it.
The news all day long appearing,
Only a name is important and can be reminded.

It's unbelievable the way you are,
We love you all from the heart.
It's also insane you're #1 for a record 300 weeks,
While others players keep only dream.

Posted Image
(Image credit: penabaza)

You're such an inspiring man,
You're wonderful, talented, gorgeous, kindly, funny, cool...the same time.

Posted Image

(Image credit: penabaza)

All these words are describing you,
I know it's insane but it's the truth.

So now let's the celebration on your record 300 weeks start,
I'm so proud to say out loud you're my idol, I'm your biggest fan.

Posted Image

300 WEEKS AS #1 AND COUNTING...

3 024 000 MINUTES AT WORLD #1 AND COUNTING...

Now, let me celebrate the achievements of the great maestro

Here are some great quotes by Roger Federer :

"I have learnt to be even more patient"

"It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice"

"I fear no one, but respect everyone"

"When you do something best in life, you don't really want to give that up, and for me it's tennis."

During these 15 years on tour, Roger has brought us so much joy and he still brings.

His tennis is so powerful and he can manage the game and makes it so beautiful to watch.

His opponents all agree to say he's the greatest.

Firstly, Will start with his rivalry with Nadal.

They played 28 times each other, Nadal leads in their confrontations 18 - 10.
But he still says Roger is the Greatest...

Here are some quotes about Roger Federer by Rafa Nadal

Rafael Nadal :

"Federer is the best player in history, no other player has ever had such quality." (2006)

"If he is playing very good, I have to play unbelievable. If not, it's impossible, especially if he's playing with good confidence. When he's 100 percent, he's playing in another league. It's impossible to stop him. I fight. I fight. I fight. Nothing to say. Just congratulate him." (2007)

"The best I ever saw. It is special watching his tennis. Unbelievable"

"No way I would be a journalist. You guys have tried to kill Roger - often. But he's always come back and proved you wrong. So one thing I would not do is make the mistake of saying Roger is dead." (Rafael Nadal, when asked what he would write about Federer's decline if he were a journalist.)

{ An edit made by me of Roger Federer & Rafael Nadal : FEDAL}

Posted Image

Now will talk about Federer - Roddick rivalry.

They played 24 times each other, Federer leads in their confrontations 21 - 3...

Now Andy has retired from tennis and I really miss him on tour.
He's such a nice guy, and amazing player, one of my favourite.

People say "You (RF Fans) want Roger to play against Andy Roddick just because he wins with ease"

I'm a huge Roger Fan, I'm maybe the biggest fan ( I know we we all say it :D ), but watching Roger-Roddick play it's more that just question about victory...

Some of most amazing Roger's matches I remember, Roger played Andy Roddick, and I must tell about the greatest I saw between them,

Wimbledon Final 2009...
Yes Roger won, and?
It was just because Andy played bad?
Nopes, not at all !!!

It was an incredible match, the score was 5-7 / 7-6(6) / 7-6(5) / 3-6 / 16-14 !!!
Both played amazingly well, but at the end there should be only one winner, it was Roger...

Here are some quotes about Roger Federer by Roddick

Andy Roddick :

"My chances to win US Open are as good as anybody not named Roger." (2005)

“He’s a real person. He’s not an enigma. Off the court he’s not trying to be somebody. If you met him at McDonald’s and you didn’t know who he was, you would have no idea that he’s one of the best athletes in the world.” (2005)

"I think there's—he's the main guy and then there's probably four or five of us that are—I don't know. Maybe we need to do just a tag team effort or something, join forces, you know, like Power Rangers or something." (after losing to Roger Federer at the final of Cincinnati 2005)

"He deserves everything he gets.”

"You guys are brutal. Absolutely brutal. The guy has only made two Grand Slam finals this year. I would love his bad year. I would love it." (2008 During US Open, Andy Roddick, to the press, on what he made of press' criticism for Federer's dip in form in 2008)

"He deserves all the praise that e gets. Not only for how he plays, but how he handles himself."

"I was never off the Roger Federer bandwagon. It's not a story for me because he never stopped being the greatest." (2012)

{ Here is an edit by me saluting the great rivalry between Roger Federer & Andy Roddick }

Posted Image

Now will talk about Federer – Murray or as I call it FEDRAY rivalry.

They have played 18 times, Murray leads in their confrontations 10 – 8(updated after Shanghai Masters, 2012 result)…

(As I'm writting this, Federer just lost against Murray in Shanghai Rolex Masters 2012 Semi-Final, the 10th victory of Murray over Federer)

They played so much on an important stage, 8 Finals in 18 meetings, 3 Grand Slam finals (Roger won the 3 finals), London Olympics 2012 final (Andy won), 2 Masters 1000 finals (Andy won both), 1 ATP World Tour 500 Series final (Roger won) & 1 ATP World Tour 250 Series final (Roger won also).

They also played 5 Semi-Finals (with today's semi-final too), and Roger won only 1 of them.
The 5 others meetings are 3 RR (RoundRobin) on ATP World Tour Finals, Roger won 2 out 3, and 2 in a stage of Round32, Roger lost both.

Here is a quote about Roger Federer from Murray, that I can't forget...

Andy Murray :

"I can cry like Roger, it's just a shame I can't play like him." (after losing to Federer in the Australian Open 2010's final).

{ Here is an edit made by me of FEDRAY:: Roger Federer & Andy Murray }

Posted Image

Now will talk about Federer – Del Potro rivalry.

They have played 15 times each other, Federer leads in their confrontations 13 – 2…

Del Potro is an amazing player, after Roger, he's my favourite. He's very kind and respectful too. The kind of player, everybody loves, just like Roger.

Federer has played against Del Potro already 6 times this year, won all 6 matches.

Every match they played has been amazing to watch but everyone should agree that 3 of these confrontations were the best.

I think about Roland Garros 2009 Semi-Final, US Open 2009 Final & of course the historic match at London Olympics 2012.

The Semi-Final in Roland Garros 2009 was won by Roger with 3-6 / 7-6(2) / 2-6 / 6-1 / 6-4.

US Open 2009 Final was an epic match, insane tennis from both players, Del Potro won it with 3-6 / 7-6(5) / 4-6 / 7-6(4) / 6-2.

And I think everybody remembers this year's match in Olympics, Federer won 3-6 / 7-6(5) / 19-17, so beauty tennis and powerful, the most emotional match of the year for me.

After beating Roger in the US Open 2009 FInal, Del Potro said :

"I had two dreams this week. One was to win the US Open and the other one is to be like Roger. One is done, but I need to improve a lot to be like you."

{ Here is an edit made by me related to Roger Federer & Juan Martin Del Potro }

Posted Image

Last but not least, I will talk about Roger's rivality with a former world number 1, Lleyton Hewitt.

They played 26 times each other, Federer leads in their confrontations 18 – 8…

They played 4 finals (Roger won 3 out 4), 8 semi-finals (Roger won 6 out 8), 4 quarter-finals (Roger won 3 out 4)... They also played in R16, R32, R64, and RR.

They played in every kind of tournaments, Grand Slams, Masters 1000, ATP World Tour Finals, ATP World Tour 500 Series, ATP World Tour 250 Series, Davis Cup and even in exhibition matches.

If we look on their meetings only in grand slams, they played 8 times, every match was won by Federer, but they played only one grand slam final, it was the US OPEN 2004 FInal, won by Federer 6-0 / 7-6(3) / 6-0, unbelievable performance by the Maestro...

But, I think for those who have seen every match between them, If they chose to remind one of them, it will be the match of Davis Cup in 2003, which was won by Hewitt 5-7 / 2-6 / 7-6(4) / 7-5 / 6-1.
Federer and Hewitt are also good friends and it's amazing to have such nice friendships on tour.

Hewwit said once about Roger :

“His shot-making is second to none.”

And in 2012 Hewitt said

"He really should have won last year's US Open semifinal. He was the better player, Roger is the Greatest player of all time."

{ Here is an edit made by me of Roger Federer & Lleyton Hewitt }

Posted Image

For this article I also made edits about Roger's family <3

He would never have been so great without Mirka's support, as he said it very often.

As I said on my recent article about Roger and his family,
(you can read it here or another here ), she's always here for our Maestro, she travels with him around the world for the tournaments, she's his menager and she's just amazing.

Here is a quote from Roger on his wife Mirka :

"As long as I wake up in the morning and she is next to me, that’s all that matters"

{ Here is a collage made by me of Roger Federer & Mirka Federer }

Posted Image

And for the end, an edit about Federer Family.

Here is a quote from Roger on his twins :

“If you don’t dress them the same, they’re going to fight!"

{ & finally, here is my edit about Federer Family: Federer twins, Roger & Mirka Federer }

Posted Image

Hope, you all liked reading this.

© Ermira 2012

I also have a Federer fan-page on Facebook, you all are invited to join that also, here is the link -----

www.facebook.com/RogerFedererRF :D

Thanks everyone for seeing <3

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Wow, so good to read. You really put in a lot of hard work to write it. Loved all the edits, pics, its like seeing Federer's life over these years. Well done, made my pain of seeing Fed lose go away. Thanks for posting xx
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#3 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

• Moderators
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Thank you Anna :)

#4 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:29 AM

Excellent work Ermira, loved the way, how you covered evry thing from Rafa to Mirka to Hewitt to Roddick.

This is a true tribute, loved the simplicity yet the excellent work that you put in.

As I told Yami after reading her poem, here I give you a standing ovation and a clap. Job well done & I am sure,
no one will be able to beat this 300 weeks achievement for the next 10 years or so. Well done, Roger
:).
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hats off for such an amazing write-up, along with such nice edits. I know, how much hard work you have put in for writing this.

Many-2 thanks for such a great write-up, I have book-marked all these edits as seeing them will give me immense pleasure. Well done !!!!!!!!!

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#6 Kristina

Kristina

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 282 posts
  • LocationLondon

Current mood: Grumpy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well done Ermy, I just now got told that it took you 8 hours to complete this amazing poem & pics. Very well done, your every second spent here will give all of us tremendous joy. I am sure, even if Roger sees this, he will be very happy.

Very well done & a very-2 special thanks from me :).

If you like my posts, then please follow me to ensure that you don't miss any of the posts via-----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

#7 Inez

Inez

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 395 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Current mood: Cool

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

The article is much-2 better today than yesterday :). Very well done Ermira & wow, you
spent 7 hours in writing this?

Excellent and thanks for posting, wondeRFul, loved it.
I am available on -----

Twitter | G Plus | FB | Read my posts via E-mail Subscription

#8 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 588 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

OMG...such an amazing poem!!!the articles and all the pics collection is simply awsm...truely u made us smile after Federer's loss... :) yes i can understand the hardwork this must have demanded...thanx a ton for sharing...Kudos :)

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#9 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Wooooow,great job well done,superb tribute for Federer , marvelous....i enjoyed read the poem and loved the edit the pics...
This is the best post I've seen,thumbs up i standing and clap.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#10 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Absolutely brilliant, appreciate the hard work that has been put in to make this article so gorgeous. Well done. Congrats !!

#11 Kishore Sharma

Kishore Sharma

Admin & Editor-in-chief

• Administrators
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationJabalpur,India

Current mood: In Love

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Sooo wonderful, one of the best post and poem. Thanks Ermira for your hard work. Hats off Ermira. Best birthday gift for me. Federfic.. :)

Posted Image

This is how Roger Federer used to look when he became the ATP world No. 1 for the first time on 2nd February, 2004 after winning Australian Open, 2004 & now, after 300 weeks spread across 8 & a half years

Posted Image

God I love Roger Federer, Thank you so much for giving us such a genius :).

Find me on ------

Twitter !!  Facebook !! Google Plus !! Subscribe to my posts via E-mail

#12 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

• Moderators
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

Thank you sooo much everyone :D
It means a lot to me and the hard work is now forgotten when I see the amazing words you're saying about what I wrote... :wub:
Kishore I'm Glad I could give you this gift :DD

#13 Guest_Susan_*

Guest_Susan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

well done, my feelings exactly!!!

#14 Ermira Federer

Ermira Federer

• Moderators
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Congratulations 301 Weeks as #1 <3

1936374809_small_1.jpg

#15 Guest_John Dykes_*

Guest_John Dykes_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

Brilliant edits and such great work. Well done. Congrats..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+