22 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Roger Federer along with his family in his home-town for Swiss Indoors, Basel starting from Monday (22nd October, 2012).

Here is a pic of Charlene Riva & Myla Rose at the Children-Zoo in Rapperswil on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012

20-federer.jpg

"They like going to the zoo; it was a beautiful October day", said Roger.

Asked if he was going to buy a pony for his daughters, Roger laughed "It's unfortunately not possible with all our travel".

Source :

http://www.blick.ch/...-id2073180.html

& On Thursday, Roger Federer paid a visit to his former tennis school in Biel.

Here's the pic posing with Kids at the Tennis school in Biel :

Posted Image

Source :: http://sport.ch.spor...4919000000.html

Also, here's a pic of Roger Federer with Yves Allegro both trained as Juniors at Swiss Tennis

Posted Image

& On Friday, Roger Federer had an interview session with some prominent media personnel of Switzerland.

Here's a pic tweeted by Rene Stauffer (http://twitter.com/staffsky )

A5j-W3qCQAEREBo.jpg

Read on for what Federer said in the interview with Rene Stauffer & other media personnel.

This post has been promoted to an article

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Here are a few excerpts of the interview as tweeted by Mr. Rene Stauffer

Q: On playing at Bercy Masters, 2012?

Roger Federer :: I will try to play at Bercy Masters, 2012, but, I will re-assess after Basel, 2012.

Q : On ending the 2012 Year-end as No. 1?

Roger Federer : Its a huge mountain ahead of me. I have to defend 3000 ATP Points. No. 1 is not in my hands any more.

Q : As initially asked by our own penabaza to Rene Stauffer, does Federer know about the #RF300 celebrations & every one re-naming their names as #RF300 on twitter (as initially, thought about by our own FedererNews two weeks back )?

Roger Federer: I do not about much about twitter. Happy to hear that. I am very proud of my achievement.

Q: How many more years Roger Federer plans to play more & any thoughts about Retirement?

Roger Federer : I plan to play more. Possibly, 2 to 5 years. But, will have to cut out on my schedule to ensure longevity starting from 2013.

We believe 2013's Roger Federer 2013 schedule won't Feature Monte Carlo & Rogers Cup... Possibly, there is a chance that Federer will possibly skip Miami Masters or Shanghai Masters in 2013.

This post has been promoted to an article

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

Here is the full transcript of Roger Federer interview as reported by http://bazonline.ch/.../story/16816078

topelement.jpg

Roger Federer is appearing for the 13th time at Swiss Indoors, Basel & hopes, its 13th Time lucky for him.

Roger Federer on ending 2012 Year-end as No. 1

"I do not have that in my hands. Thou,I want to be No. 1. Best that I can do is to finish the year with tournament wins in Basel, Paris and London. We will see how it comes out. If I'm not going to be No. 1, I hope to do well at these tournaments. I was surprised myself that I got the No. 1 ranking back so early.

With Wimbledon and the Olympic medal I have therefore already achieved all of my goals of the year.

I am glad that I am fit after such a long season."

How significant is Swiss Indoors, Basel for Roger Federer?

Roger Federer :: I was a ball boy here at Basel in 1997. I got inspiration to play at the top level from here. I got my first experience at top level in Basel (the first time, Federer played at Basel, he lost to Andre Agassi).

fionaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif

Roger Federer's GIF as a ball-boy at Basel in 1997 as edited by Fiona for her beautiful blog on Tumblr

fiona%202.jpg

On Fitness & Energy levels after such a long year

Roger Federer :: I've played a lot this year.I have to plan my life well. I've been on preparing for 2013. I'm glad that I'm through the grueling 2012 without any injury. From Madrid to Amsterdam, it was like an express train, I can not do that every year (hinting that he will shorten his Tennis schedule in 2013)."

About the lack of Training & Practice as he stated after losing to Andy Murray in the semis of Shanghai Masters, 2012

RF :: "If you practice enough, you tend to play even the toughest of balls in some-how.Like for example, me at Shanghai, I knew I hadn't practiced enough

Training does help you to give confidence & hunger to win. You have to play a

certain number of tournaments in order not to lose too many points.

Therefore, it is difficult to build a structure block."

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

On the preparation for Swiss Indoors, Basel :::

RF : "I've tried some things before the tournament. I'd rather take a little more risk, as I muddle through the semi-final. That can go wrong as well, but if not, I play my best tennis again. A good start to the indoor season is very important in Basel."

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#5 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

On Playing Andre Agassi in 1998 at Basel :::

Roger Federer on playing Andre Agassi in 1998 in his first ever match at Basel :::

Initially, I thought, I will not be able to win a game. But, ultimately, I won 5 games (Roger Federer lost the match 2-6, 3-6 vs Andre Agassi at Swiss Indoors, Basel in 1998). I was happy with what I achieved that day.

This is how Roger Federer looked like in 1998 during his first ever match vs Andre Agassi at Davidoff Swiss Indoors, Basel

1998.jpg

(courtesy: EuroSports)

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#6 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

On his first ever Basel Final played in 2000 vs Thomas Enqvist

That was a very tough final loss vs Enqvist. I had almost lost in the semis vs Hewitt, Thou, I played the final quite well, but Enqvist was just incredible. It was hard for me & after the loss, I thought, I would never win a final again.

Thomas Enqvist defeated Federer 6–2, 4–6, 7–6(7–4), 1–6, 6–1 to win the Swiss Indoors, Basel in 2000.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#7 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

On his first ever Tournament win at Basel :::

I knew, I was the favorite against Fernando Gonzalez. It was a dream come true to win my first tournament at Basel.

Roger Federer won his first tourny in Basel in 2006 by defeating Fernando Gonzalez 6–3, 6–2, 7–6(7–3).

Here's Federer posing with his first ever Basel tournament win on 29th October, 2006

fed 2006.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#8 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Memories as a Ballboy at Basel

RF : I was twice a ball boy at Basel, after my first standing, I had real sore muscles. But to be the ball boy at the final was really incredible.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#9 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

Rigorous program in the next three weeks ::

RF :"I hope I can play three tournaments in three weeks. But after Basel, I will sit down and think about Paris. London I'm going to play for sure, but for Paris I have to see how fit I am after Basel. "

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#10 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:00 AM

2013 Schedule and Davis Cup in 2013 :::

There's a slight chance that I will be playing Davis Cup. Will take the final decision in the coming weeks. Of course, I need to cut down on my schedule in 2013.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#11 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

Targeting Davis Cup Victory ?

"I plan for one year only. My goal is still to play in the coming years, so I do not judge everything from the Davis Cup. The big step forward to do with a lot of training. "

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#12 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

About the Number 1 Rankings :::

RF : For me, returning as No. 1 at Basel means a lot. It gives me a lot of satisfaction having surpassed Sampras's record & now having reached the 300 weeks as ATP #1 mile-stone, but that was the not only reason I played at Shanghai Masters, I will like to play there again.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#13 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

How does he remember Basel over the years :::

RF : The past 12 years have passed very quickly in the blink of an eye, just like my entire career. It seems as if it was just yesterday, when I played here as a junior.

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#14 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

In another interview published on 20min.ch

Roger Federer stated that returning to Basel as #1 is giving him a lot of satisfaction.

"I probably would have been a little sad when Djokovic had won in Beijing and Shanghai and I would not even have gone to Shanghai.

That would have meant that he would have stayed #1 for 299 weeks & wouldn't have entered the Basel, 2012 as the World No. 1, that's why, in a way, he is glad, he went to Shanghai also. But, then again, getting the #1 ranking for 300 weeks was not the only reason why he went to Shanghai & he probably, would want to go there again."

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#15 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Here's a screen-grab by penabaza during Roger Federer's interview at Basel

pena.png

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#16 penabaza

penabaza

Editor-in-Chief

• Administrators
  • 498 posts
  • LocationChur, Switzerland

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

I am impressed with your german skills ;)
Nicely done!
My hero, my addiction & my everything.
Roger Federer
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

After completing 300 weeks, How many more weeks can Roger Federer remain ATP No.1 in 2012? For a detailed commentary, see this post --------

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/806-after-completing-300-weeks-how-many-more-weeks-can-roger-federer-remain-atp-no1-in-2012/

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#18 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 745 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

hope he stays fit forever! god bless rogiii!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#19 Guest_keto_*

Guest_keto_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

good job, thanks ;)

#20 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

For those, who can understand Swiss German, here's a video of his interview :::

http://www.telebasel...v/&id=366808498

& for others, every thing that Federer said in the interview has been covered in the text translation above.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, interview, swiss indoors, basel, basel 2012, rene stauffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+