#1 Yami

Yami

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

A former world number one who won the French Open in 2003 but was hampered by injuries throughout his career, Ferrero announced last month he would retire after playing his home event.

Sixth seed Almagro, 27, Ferrero's junior by five years, had too much power and speed for his mentor in an entertaining match in which the pair exchanged smiles and jokes.

Posted Image

The younger man seemed to be suffering from a right shoulder problem late in the second set but shrugged off the injury and sealed victory on his first match point when wildcard Ferrero netted a return.

The pair embraced at the net and the 32-year-old was given a rousing ovation by the crowd as he fought back tears before flinging his racket, shirt and various other personal items into the stands.

9E6F5A7FAE8F4B85B8D79A20BE7078DD.jpg

903182-15074006-640-360.jpg

"It's been a long time since I enjoyed myself so much on a tennis court," said Ferrero who will join up with singles top seed David Ferrer in the doubles on Wednesday.

"It was an honour to finish my career playing you, I think you are a great champion," he told Almagro whose coaching staff he will join on a part-time basis next year.

"I simply want to thank everyone for all their support, not just this year but throughout all the years I have played here," Ferrero said. "It's always been a very special tournament for me and this year even more so."

Almagro paid tribute to his friend.

"Maybe it was the most bitter win of my career as a great tennis player is leaving us," he said.
"I hope he'll be with me for a few weeks next year and I think we'll have some fun. I still have a lot to learn from him."

Here's what Roger Federer, Andy Murray had to say about Ferrero & tribute on his retirement -----

Part-II of the Ferrero's retirement -------

David Ferrer, Rafa Nadal, Lyeton Hewitt paying tribute to Ferrero ----

Tennis will miss you Ferrero...

To read more on Ferrero see here

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#2 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 759 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

thanks for sharing Yami!! :)

spanish players are all mostly into injury! :huh:

will miss u Ferrero! god bless!!
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#3 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

THANKS for posting....................

Here is the video made by ATP World Tour paying tribute to Juan Carlos Ferrero (having good wishes from Murray, Djokovic, Nadal & Federer)

#4 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 482 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

To read more on Ferrero see here

#5 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Just I would liked to understand what all of the players said to Ferrero.

Thanks Yami for sharing,but you made me cry a lot...I hate to hear about the retirement of any athlete, especially the Tennis players, it makes me think of Federer and this increases the crying.
Of cours will miss Ferrero, wish him success in his life... and I was pleased to see Nadal ;)

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#6 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Just I would liked to understand what all of the players said to Ferrero.

Thanks Yami for sharing,but you made me cry a lot...I hate to hear about the retirement of any athlete, especially the Tennis players, it makes me think of Federer and this increases the crying.
Of cours will miss Ferrero, wish him success in his life... and I was pleased to see Nadal ;)

Sry sausan even i could not understand more than you could have...:(((yes felt nice to see Nadal there...but got so emotional when i saw tears rolling down Ferrero's eyes... :(

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+