atp world tour finals wtf final showdown london O2 atp WTF

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

The draw for World Tour Finals 2012 took place at O2, London at 13:45 GMT on Saturday 3rd November, 2012.

As you all know, the Top 8 players will be playing at World Tour Finals, 2012. (If you are interested in knowing, what is the Qualification criteria for the selection of these 8 players for WTF, I explained it in a separate article here.)

ATP WTF.jpg

(Pic courtesy : ATP World Tour)

The Seedings will be as per the ATP rankings that will be announced on 5th November, 2012, but, since every one knows what those rankings will be, so the following be the seedings for the World Tour Finals (if interested in knowing, how will the ATP Rankings look like on 5th November, see this post).

1. Novak Djokovic

2. Roger Federer

rf locker.jpg

(This is a picture of the locker room that has been alloted to Roger Federer at O2, London for the World Tour Finals, 2012).(Pic courtesy : ATP World Tour)

3. Andy Murray

andy locker.jpg

(This is a picture of the locker room that has been alloted to Andy Murray at O2, London for the World Tour Finals, 2012). (Pic courtesy : ATP World Tour)

4. David Ferrer

5. Tomas Berdych

6. Juan Martin Del Potro

7. Jo-WilFried Tsonga

8. Janko Tipsarevic

PS: Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from World Tour Finals, 2012. As of today, the reserve player is Richard Gasquet, but if Gilles Simon manages to win Bercy Masters, 2012, he will replace Richard Gasquet as the reserved player (reserved player takes the place of player who is injured or not well).

Formation of the Groups for World Tour Finals, 2012:

The players are distributed in to 2 groups. With the first seeded player in Group-A & the second seeded player in the Group-B. Players seeded three and four, five and six, seven and eight, were then drawn in pairs placing the first drawn in Group A.

How many points are stake at World Tour Finals, 2012

The players get 200 points each for every round robin match win. (So, in the group stage, maximum points that a player can get is 600 points).

The winner of semi-finals get 400 points for the win in the semi-final.

The winner of the final of World Tour Finals gets 500 ATP Points for winning the final match.

Thus, the maximum ATP points that an undefeated winner can win at World Tour Finals is 1500 points.

The draw, schedule & groups have been announced, scroll down for the details....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Group A: Djokovic, Murray, Berdych and Tsonga

delpo.jpg

Pic Courtesy : ATP World Tour

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Group B: Federer, Ferrer , Del Potro, Tipsarevic

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

Monday (5th November, 2012) World Tour Finals, 2012 schedule :::

Afternoon session (starts at 13:45 GMT): Andy Murray vs Tomas Berdych

Evening session (starts at 19:45 GMT) : Djokovic vs Tsonga.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

Group-B matches will start from Tuesday:

Tuesday (6th November, 2012) World Tour Finals, 2012 schedule :::

Afternoon session (starts at 13:45 GMT) : Roger Federer vs Janko Tipsarevic.

Evening session (starts at 19:45 GMT): David Ferrer vs Juan Martin Del Potro.

6th nov.jpg

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Order of play for the next 4 days will be announced on sunday, keep seeing this topic or

Please follow us on

E-mail Subscription

Facebook ,

Twitter,

or G Plus

for more such informative articles, posts & write-ups..

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Two more confirmations:

i. The semi-finals are on sunday, so the Group-B players who qualify for semi-finals, wont have a rest day as their last round robin match will be on Saturday. So, that's a very big disadvantage.

While Group-A's last round robin match will be on Friday.

ii. The schedule of play of Wednesday will be announced on Tuesday & so on, thou the timings of Singles & Doubles matches will remain the same every day.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Group A, it's so toughest.
Hope Federer take the title in this year again.Please God, bless him, protect him and help Federer to win.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#9 Anna

Anna

Featured Columnist

• Moderators-
  • 469 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Current mood: Fine

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

The group or the round robin stage is quite easy for Roger Federer. But, according to me, post that, it is toughest for Federer.

Imagine, playing a match on Saturday vs Del potro & then a semi-final match vs Murray on Sunday & then a final vs Djokovic on Monday.

I really gotta say that the draw is very-2 challenging for Federer & playing 3 matches in 3 days is a real tough job.

Djokovic, Murray are lucky that they are in Group-A & they will get a day's rest before their semi-final match.
Follow my posts on--

Twitter | Google Plus | Facebook | My posts via E-mail

#10 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

The group or the round robin stage is quite easy for Roger Federer. But, according to me, post that, it is toughest for Federer.

Imagine, playing a match on Saturday vs Del potro & then a semi-final match vs Murray on Sunday & then a final vs Djokovic on Monday.

I really gotta say that the draw is very-2 challenging for Federer & playing 3 matches in 3 days is a real tough job.

Djokovic, Murray are lucky that they are in Group-A & they will get a day's rest before their semi-final match.

precisely, thats my point. I too am getting amazed when people are calling it an easy draw for Federer.. Even, last year, both in Doubles & singles who didn't get a days rest before semis lost in the semis..

For sure, Roger Federer will have to be on the top of his game if he is to win this as playing 3 matches in 3 days is really-2 tough.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#11 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,722 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Oh :angry: ,yes you are right, i didn't notice that.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#12 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

Wednesday, 7th November 2012 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals schedule is out :::

Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic match is scheduled to start at 13:45 GMT &

Tomas Berdcyh vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga match is scheduled to start at 19:45 GMT.

& for every one asking, why is World Tour Final schedule is announced on a daily basis, that's to keep the interest alive, it has always been like this (ever since I am covering the World Tour Finals or Year end championships)

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#13 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

With the prospect of a physically exhausting end to this tournament for Roger, with three needle matches on three consecutive days, it was a relief that he was not tested too far in his first match today. Though I fear both Ferrer & DelPotro could pose more of a challenge. Lets hope Roger remains free from injury.

How are the semi finals drawn? Does the winner of a group play the runner up of the other group?

If the group winners played eachother in the semis it would be more like the final surely!

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#14 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Yes, u are right. It will be Group A's 1st vs Grp B's 2nd in the 1st semi

& the 2nd semi Grp B's 1st vs Grp A's 2nd.

Both World Tour Finals 2012 semi finals are on Sunday.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#15 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

& Thursday's, 8th November, 2012 schedule (thou, not yet officially announced by ATP) :

Federer vs Ferrer at 13.45 GMT

& Tipsarevic vs Del Potro at 19.45 GMT

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#16 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

So, Friday , 9th November will see the following matches ::

Djokovic vs Berdych at 13.45 GMT

& Murray vs Tsonga at 19.45 GMT

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#17 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

& Saturday 10th November, 2012

Federer vs Del Potro at 13.45 GMT...

& Tipsarevic vs Ferrer at 19.15 GMT (half hour early start than usual)..

For every one asking, that's just a random draw for deciding if it will be afternoon match or Evening match (with main emphasis being to schedule the more important match at a time, when more tix are yet to be sold) :-). .

Okay, the lines with in the brackets are my own creations, pls don't take those too seriously :-D. Thou, needs to be said, they decided to put more important singles match in afternoon session.

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#18 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Thanks for confirming that.

I'm relieved to see Roger's match on Thursday will be in the afternoon, as the BBC are only televising the afternoon sessions. A radio commentary can never do justice to the way in which Roger plays.

It is gong to get tough for him though. I'm sure that physical exhaustion after the tremendous DelPotro match was a major reason why Roger ended with silver at the Olympics. Just hope with these matches being 3 sets he'll come through feeling fit to the final.

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#19 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

On Sunday, 11th Nov, I'm expecting the following semi-finals

Djokovic vs Del Potro at 13.45 GMT &

Federer vs Murray at 19.15 GMT..

Your thoughts?

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#20 V.K. Batra

V.K. Batra

Editor In Chief

• Moderators
  • 481 posts
  • LocationDelhi:: Karnal:: Sydney:: Chandigarh

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

3 possibilities/scenarios exists in Group - B

It is 100% sure that Federer is through to the semis (thou, still not known, if he will be #1 or #2 in Grp- B & Tipsarevic is out from semis race.

i) For Federer to end #1 in Group-B, he needs to win at least one set vs Del potro, if Federer loses in straight sets to Del Potro, then Federer will be #2 in Gropu-B & will have to face Djokovic in the semis on Sunday.

ii) All that Del potro needs to qualify for semis is to beat Federer. If he wins in 2 sets, Del potro will be #1 in Group-B & face, Murray in Semis.

if Del potro wins in 3 sets, then Federer will be #1 in Group-B & face, Murray in Semis.

& Del potro wins in 3 sets, then Del potro will be #2 in Group-B & face, Djokovic in Semis.

iii) If Del potro loses in 2 sets or 3 sets , then for Ferrer to reach, Ferrer will need to beat Tipsarevic either in 2 or 3 sets.

Then, Federer will be #1 in Group-B & face, Murray in Semis.

& Ferrer will be #2 in Group-B & face, Djokovic in Semis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+