roger federer columbia caracol radio tsonga

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Roger Federer yesterday talked to Columbia's Caracol Radio in which Federer answered a variety of questions including his upcoming exhibition match vs Tsonga in Bogota, Columbia.

fedsonga.jpg

Here are a few Excerpts from the Interview ::

Q: How does it feel to play in Columbia as people have been trying to make him play in Columbia for the last three years?

Federer ::: "It feels great to be playing in Columbia. I have always loved exhibitions, I have played some very unique exhibitions in Asia with Sampras. This year the season finished early, so 2012 was the best year to visit South America."

Q: What memories do you have of 2009 Australian Open loss to Rafael Nadal?

Federer: It was a very emotional loss. I played a great match. The love that I get from fans in Australia is amazing. I have had tough fair share of losses which have made me stronger as a person. Glad that I could come back in 2010 & defeat Murray in the 2010 Australian Open finals.

Q: How did it feel to know that you (Roger Federer) were voted as the second most trusted man in the universe after the great Nelson Mandela & what legacy you want to leave for the world?

Roger Federer ::: "I was very surprised when I was chosen as the most trusted man after Nelson Mandela. I was positively shocked . Being alongside Nelson Mandela is very important because my mother is South African. I have always been honest & I always speak from my heart. I always try to push the game forward with my hard work & character. Being so respected is amazing, to be honest."

Q: You have been voicing opinions about doping & lack of doping tests in Tennis? Are you worried that the sport of Tennis has many doping cases?

Roger Federer: I didn't mean that any one is involved in doping. I voiced my opinion to protect the image of game. I know, its annoying for athletes to get tested again & again. I've always raised voice for a clean sport. Hope, the game remains clean forever like it has been for the past few years.

Q: If you were a soccer player, would you like to be Christiano Ronaldo or Messi or Falcao Garcia?

Roger Federer : Ummm, I would love to be any of these. We are talking of the highest of levels and all these players are great. I have played soccer till I was 12 year old. I really have don't have a favorite of these three.

Q: How important is the role of Mirka & what does her support mean for your career & profession?

Posted Image

Roger Federer :: When I met Mirka (Miroslava Vavrinec), I had no titles and now I have 76. She accompanies me every where and her role has been very important because she travels with me, supports me and loves to see me play. Now life has changed since the birth of our twin daughters, but she is very supportive, helpful and even cares for the girls a lot.

What's great is that Mirka loves travelling a lot and loves to accompany me every where. Probably, if she wasn't so supportive and didn't want to travel, I would have to retire much earlier than I want to.

Q: You (Roger Federer) have been called the Tennis world's Greatest of All Time, what more do you still want to achieve?

Roger Federer :::: I have been playing at the top of my game for many years. I know, when I can compete & not compete with the best. This year has been amazing. Next year, I have to ensure, I practice enough, take enough rest, spend time with family to recharge my batteries.

I have to try to keep playing for many years to come as the last two years have been very-2 busy.

I love Tennis so much that I want to enjoy crowds, playing at center courts, have success & rankings which is important to a degree. I haven't thought about being the number 1 player next year, but if I can remain fit, healthy & practicing well for the next six months, I can achieve so much more.

Q) What is your first thought when you hear the word Columbia?

Roger Federer : Coffee & the nice people. I am really looking forward to come to Columbia.

Q) Who are you coming with to Columbia? Do you have a specific plans for Bogota?

Roger Federer ::: I am coming with my dad (Robert Federer), Tony Godsick(Federer's manager) & my team who made my trip possible. I will love to see the city & hope to play Tennis with kids.

Q) Will you consider becoming a model?

Roger Federer : No way (laughs). Its very humbling that people think this way. There are much more beautiful people than me. So, no :).

Scroll down for the full audio interview recorded by our own Kishore.

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#2 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Here is the full recorded Roger Federer's Audio interview given to Columbia's Caracol Radio

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#3 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Here is another interview that Roger Federer gave to Argentina's radio station AM 910 Radio Network -----

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/921-roger-federers-audio-interview-to-argentinas-am-910-radio-network/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#4 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

& For Roger Federer's entire schedule of exhibition matches in South America, see this detailed post ------

http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/898-roger-federers-exhibition-matches-schedule-in-december-2012/

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#5 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 2,928 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Vibho and Kisho...i like Federer's answer about the modeling hehe, and just imagine his face reaction when he laughed.
And I enjoyed hearing the language :)...But i would want to understand what they talked in last two minutes?? :D

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#6 DenizYildiz

DenizYildiz

Roger Federer Fans 250 Title

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for that :)

#7 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

I read a comment by some one questioning Columbia vs Colombia. As per my limited knowledge, its Columbia in English and Colombia in Spanish. Correct me, if I am wrong :)...

Follow me via -----

Read more About Me.

#8 Poorna

Poorna

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

thanks vibhu for sharing!!!! love it .. haha roger's answer for the last question it is funny.. !!!
how can he be this humble and modest!! greatest ever!!!!
:) :wub: :wub:
Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roger federer, columbia, caracol radio, tsonga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+