• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

The ITF Presents: Changes for the Rio Olympics 2016,Brazil

Rio Olympics 2016 ITF Brazil Olympics games Roger Federer Juan Martin Del potro Olympic tennis Marathon match

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

Although the fascinating Battle between Federer and Del Potro in the semifinals in London, it seems that the decision in the third set will determine in Tie breaker.... And how many bronze medals will be distributed???

Do you remember the -17:19 in third set of the Olympic tournament, semi-finals in London between Roger Federer Juan Martin del Potro??!!

The match entered the pages of history as one of the fascinating match in the history of the Olympic tennis, but it's probably will be the last to finish match like this

in Olympics!!.

Posted Image

In conference of the ITF in Rome, discussed the problem of long matches in London that caused to delays in the schedule, and the apparent solution is that the decision in the third set will determine in Tie breaker, and will not extend up for two games to benefit the winner, a fact which led the marathon between Federer and Del Potro!!.

Also, it seems that the Rio Olympics 2016, there will not be a match for the Bronze Medal and the two losers in semi-final will get the bronze Medal, as was the case until the Olympics in Seoul in 1988, in order to reduce the load on the players in crowded tournament.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Maybe its good for players...But I personally like five set matches.

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#3 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I see it's good for the players ,schedule...I would like to hear the opinion of the players about the changes.

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#4 Yami

Yami

• Moderators
  • 589 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi,India

Current mood: Fine

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Exactly.Waiting for their opinion.

For latest updates on tennis ,you can follow me on -------

Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / My posts via E-mail Subscription

#5 Natasja70

Natasja70

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yes, that would be interesting. To find out what the players think of this. It seems to make sense from a practical point of view... Not sure if that should be leading. But we'll just have to wait and see what the players think, as said... ;)

#6 Vibhu batra

Vibhu batra

Hobby Writer

• Administrators
  • 2,224 posts
  • LocationIncredible India & Tennis world Traveller.

Current mood: Sporty

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

Honestly speaking, none of the players will mind a 3rd setter (deciding set) tie-breaker. All the masters (ATP-1000) tournys are decided after a 3rd set tie-breaker, there is absolutely no reason why the Olympics matches shouldn't have the deciding set tie-breaker....

Follow me via -----

Twitter | Gplus | FB Subscribe to my Articles via E-mail alerts

Read more About Me.

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this website & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time premium member of this forum.

#7 Natasja70

Natasja70

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Honestly speaking, none of the players will mind a 3rd setter (deciding set) tie-breaker. All the masters (ATP-1000) tournys are decided after a 3rd set tie-breaker, there is absolutely no reason why the Olympics matches shouldn't have the deciding set tie-breaker....

Well, that's very true. I wasn't thinking about that. Only focused on the Olympics itself and didn't look any further until you pointed that out... See no objection to it, not from their point of view either :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rio Olympics 2016, ITF, Brazil, Olympics games, Roger Federer, Juan Martin Del potro, Olympic tennis Marathon match

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+