sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

130103005230-azarenka-single-image-cut.j

Serena Williams moved through to the final of the Brisbane International  on Friday night, though it probably wasn't the way she wanted it to happen, as Victoria Azarenka had to pull out from their semifinal match at the Premier-level tournament due to a right toe injury.

Azarenka had been struggling with a right toe ailment for a while. "It's a right toe infection - it's been there for about 10 days and it's been getting worse a little bit," the World No.1 told reporters. "I had to take action on it, which I did yesterday - it was a minor surgery, I had to take something out of my toe. And unfortunately I didn't have enough time to recover to be able to play the semifinals today."

With the Australian Open  coming up, Azarenka didn't want to take any chances. "I had to make sure I could be fully recovered and ready for the Australian Open . It's a compromise I kind of had to take. But it's very unfortunate timing, because I was really excited to play today. But then again I'm also quite happy I had two matches in already, which was kind of the point of coming here, to get some matches.

"The doctor had told me I wouldn't be able to play for three, four days, but today I saw him in the morning and he said it was actually much better than he thought - he expected a much worse outcome.

"So maybe two days and I can start slowly."

Thus, the withdrawal of Azarenka, Serena Williams is now through to the final of the Premier-level Brisbane International, , where she will face Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, who stopped lucky loser Lesia Tsurenko...

source:WTA

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#2 sausan

sausan

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 3,256 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

wish a speedy recovery to Vika and Good luck serena

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+