• Create Account

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Pics and Video of Roger Federer's interview during his stopover at Credit Suisse office in Singapore

roger federer credit suisse singapore australian open ao 2013

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,656 posts

Current mood: Inspired

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Roger Federer had a stopover at Singapore on Friday en route to Melbourne where he will be reaching on Saturday for participating in Australian Open, 2013 starting from 14th January, 2013. He spoke to media personnel in the Credit Suisse office in Singapore.

feddddddddddddddddddddd.jpg

Here are a few excerpts from his interview ::

Roger Federer on schedule & longevity & using the exemption rule (for ATP players who are more than 30 years of age or have played more than 600 matches on tour) :::

Roger Federer: Its the key to have a healthy schedule. Its a difficult thing to do because the Tennis calendar is spread out from January to November. Its hard to say that I will take a month or two months off & practice at home (which is like an investment, might improve your game, but won't give you any points) while there will be 10-15 new tournament champions. I have never been scared to take tough decisions. I wanna enjoy and have fun while coming back on tour. I want to be motivated for every match, for every tournament. I never want to think that oh no another trip, oh no another tournament, oh no another fan coming up to me for an autograph or a photograph. I really want to be excited going to the center courts, practice courts, going to media rooms. I want to be fresh for all these things. For that,  being away from all these things help. Like, I have been away for the last 2 or 3 weeks, after a very busy Gillette Federer Tour.

Its important for me to have family time in between & this year (2013) gives me more time because of exempt rule, but exempt or no exempt, I have always played my schedule according to my body, my mind. I have taken many good decisions and many bad decisions. I am not a fan of entering tournaments just to show off to fans that I don't have a chance of winning or doing well.

185630_541645475847249_1798638785_n.jpg

Roger Federer on being asked if he is the favorite or the underdog for Australian Open, 2013?

Roger Federer: I have always enjoyed being the favorite. Half of my career, I have been the favorite. That extra pressure has made me play better. I do believe Novak Djokovic goes in as the favorite for this year's Australian Open after Djokovic won the Australian Open last couple of years or just last year (may be, I am not sure) & he has won Australian Open for 3 times now plus he won the World Tour Finals and he has played really well on the hard court. He has been the best hard court player for the last couple of years even thou, Murray won the US Open. Murray is playing great & only going to get stronger in the next couple of years. But, as you know, Australian Open is a long tournament lasts for couple of weeks, so you never know, what will turn up.

Its unfortunate that Rafa (Rafael Nadal) won't be there. We will love to see him back. We were all hoping to see him back. It creates opportunities for every one especially from No. 5 to No. 30 or may be, further down. There is one less guy, who normally runs through 90% of guys. It is an interesting tournament for every one. Personally, for me, even if I am the 2nd or 4th or 8th favorite, what ever it might be, it doesn't change much. I know, if I am playing well, I can win tournaments.

318058_541645515847245_1305030960_n.jpg

Roger Federer on which tournament would he like to win this year?

Roger Federer : I would like to win a lot of titles. Winning titles is always special. Its always nice to win titles. I would be playing 15 or 17 tournaments this year.  If I play well, I can give myself many opportunities to win titles. Qualifying for World Tour Finals is a big goal. Records here or there will be achieved if I play well & if media reminds me, that will be a big motivation for sure.

Records will give me an extra push, will help me in forgetting rivalries with my fellow Tennis professionals.

406683_541645579180572_1695773878_n.jpg

Roger Federer on what wakes him up every day & keeps him motivated?

Roger Federer ::  My kids wake me up early every day :). I have been happy to see how long I have been playing. Every one has to fade away eventually. But, I am not 80 or 90 yet, so I feel, I am very young yet. Tennis won't last forever, so I need to make the best of every chance. Playing against the best & competing against the best is a great feeling, even if I lose, but, I know, I am playing good & right up there. I have enjoyed my life on court. My wife has been a big support which is a big positive else the things would have been very complex.

My kids have been great, I had never imagined playing in front of my kids, then we got two, which was a big surprise for us, but its been fun now. They haven't proved to be any distraction. I have been trying to be a great parent & now, look after their education as they are turning 3 and a half now. I think, balancing time between family and court is very important. I am happy, my kids and my wife is happy and that's very important.

427771_541645572513906_1669456428_n.jpg

Here is a short video extract from his interview ::

& for the full interview, see this video

Roger Federer also said that he has heard that Australian Open have made the courts a marginally faster this year. The Australian Open courts in night are 30% slower than the courts in day time.

Subscribe us via -----

E-mail Subscription | Twitter | G Plus | FB |

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#2 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

Federer also had a short meet and greet with some local tennis juniors. Here are a few pics from the event ::::::::

524714_541450039200126_1648536613_n.jpg

428986_541450052533458_790242609_n.jpg

406155_541450115866785_1898020513_n.jpg

74374_541614412517022_1721392080_n.jpg

828_541614422517021_328322627_n.jpg

270303_541614415850355_1387927425_n.jpg

530390_541614442517019_902384790_n.jpg

423345_541614445850352_2091746816_n.jpg

538626_541614462517017_270594828_n.jpg

542161_541645469180583_845790122_n.jpg

58258_541645472513916_577464450_n.jpg

423175_541645512513912_402125637_n.jpg

406683_541645579180572_1695773878_n.jpg

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

To make this web-site better, please consider donating. All your donations go for the maintenance and making this site & forum better. You can make your donations here & become a life-time member of RF Fans.

#3 Roger Federer Fans

Roger Federer Fans

Site Admin & WebMaster

• Moderators-
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Also, Roger Federer updated his official facebook page with a picture of Singapore and a message :::::::;;

207652_10151333213104941_1780870180_n.jp

I am enjoying my day in Singapore with Credit Suisse. I hope I can come back one day to play tennis in this amazing place!

Subscribe us via -----

Read our ---

Disclosure| FAQ

#4 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

Roger Federer Fans 3rd Grand Slam Title

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationPerched on a Comfy Chair - UK

Current mood: Dreaming

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Am amazed how fresh Roger looks with all this travel around the world. Guess over the years he has adapted to coping with jet lag.

Just love these photos he looks like a small boy, excited and happy ...

image.jpg

... And yet so thoughtful and cool

image.jpg

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#5 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts
  • LocationIncredible India <3

Current mood: Woot!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

OMG!! what a look!!!  just love this :wub:  :wub: 
and  nice article thanks for sharing :)  :)  :)

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#6 sausan

sausan

• Moderators-
  • 2,810 posts
  • Locationisrael...

Current mood: None chosen

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, it's a melts look :wub: .

But, as you know, Australian Open is a long tournament lasts for couple of weeks, so you never know, what will turn up.

So, let's wait and see what will happen of surprises and suspense :), wish luck to Federer and God bless him

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a Roger Federer to smile.

Thanks Kishore :)

Follow us also on...

Twitter    Google Plus   E-mail Subscription   Facebook

#7 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

OMG!! what a look!!!  just love this :wub:  :wub: 
and  nice article thanks for sharing :)  :)  :)
Appreciate he was in Singapore as an ambassador for Credit Suisse, but that photo for me was more Lindt chocolate bear ...

2014Wimbledonavatar-reducedampedited_zps .... peRFection ~ it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

#8 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Appreciate he was in Singapore as an ambassador for Credit Suisse, but that photo for me was more Lindt chocolate bear ...

haha,,!!

Posted ImageNo Matter What we will support him always!! My love.... Roger Federer!

#9 Natasja70

Natasja70

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Such a great interview :) I was planning to not watch it in one go, for some (strange) reason, but got stuck to my laptop... Hace seen a few (summarized) transcripts from it after that, and read that over and over again too...

There are quite a few highlights to mention, but most of all it made me happy that he made it very clear (again), he has every intention to play as as long as he possibly can, cause he loves to play, feels good and like to achieve more goals even... And how he explained in the end, about how the game has changed over the years and what exactly has changed and what he said about the fast and slow courts, I thought was very interesting. I think he is quite unique in the way he can explain things and I think it's great he is (almost always) taking the time to tell us about it...

And after all those years, it still strikes me every time: I don't know many people who have such an 'infectious smile'... When he smiles, I just automatically smile too... And I thought if there is any place where I can say that without people saying I'm crazy, it'd be here ;)

#10 Poorna

Poorna

• Moderators-
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

And after all those years, it still strikes me every time: I don't know many people who have such an 'infectious smile'... When he smiles, I just automatically smile too... And I thought if there is any place where I can say that without people saying I'm crazy, it'd be here ;)

Exactly!! very true words Natasja :D  :D .. it feels so good when i think i am not the only one who smiles when roger smiles!!! :wub:  :wub:

#11 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

You are certainly not alone Natasja.  This is the place to be if you are a serious Federer fan who smiles with him and yes cries with him too.

There are many excellent players out there, but none of them, however well they do, will equal Roger in my eyes as he is a special person on and off the court.

Tennis will not be the same when he decides to retire.

#12 Natasja70

Natasja70

Roger Federer Fans Challenger Title

• Members +
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

You are certainly not alone Natasja.  This is the place to be if you are a serious Federer fan who smiles with him and yes cries with him too.

There are many excellent players out there, but none of them, however well they do, will equal Roger in my eyes as he is a special person on and off the court.

Tennis will not be the same when he decides to retire.

No, it won't be the same. And lucky for us all, he has every intention on staying on as long as possible... I believe he said to the AO tournament director 'at least 5 more years' and during the Credit Suisse interview he, again, sounded confident and hopeful that he'll manage to do this for a long time yet to come. I hope that's given to him and to us :)

And I have always loved tennis and various players over the years and still have favorites other than Fed, but none of them have made the impression Fed has made (and got to me the most like Fed has done) and none of them ever ever will... Special on and off court indeed :)

And he is truly the only person that I will get up for in the middle of the night to watch him play ;-)

#13 Wendy_redRobin

Wendy_redRobin

• Moderators-
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

For me tennis is not about loyalty to country, its more about the person on the court. And yes he is the only person I will sit up in the early hours to watch, albeit only on his YouTube channel with the south American Tour as I do not afford the subscription to Sky sports channels ... so much of which I would not want to watch.

I wish there was a Tennis channel ... or even better a Federer tennis channel, now I would gladly subscribe to that!!

Of all sports tennis has been a favourite but it has never gripped me like this before and the only reason for that is Roger.

I remember back in 2003 picking the winner for the Mens champion of Wimbledon in a local radio vote thingy and for some reason, although I had not seen him play before, I backed Roger Federer. From then on he has enthralled and captivated me with the way that he plays.  I would support him over and above any player from my country .... just goes to show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SUBSCRIBE RF FANS on ->

DMCA.comGoogle+